Raspberry Leaf Tea anyone??

Options
So, do any of you guys drink this tea? I did with my last pregnancy and have been drinking it with this one too for the past few weeks. I hate the taste but absolutely LOVE the results during labor, I didn't have to push with my last child because of this awesome stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I alone or do some of you drink it too?

Replies

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink it too! Drank it most religiously with my last pregnancy (my 2nd) and I pushed 1 time! There's some of it in my prenatal too. I'm not drinking it yet, I don't start until about 35 weeks, and I'm only 14 weeks right now.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I usually start at about 30 weeks, I love the stuff I just think it's so awesome that God provided us with things like that to help tone the uterus and help us out in so many other ways as well, wish I would have known about it in my first two pregnancies!!
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have some in my cupboard but don't plan on drinking it until next week when I'll be around 36 weeks. I didn't drink it with my last 3 kids, but I also only pushed for the max 5 min with them, so the pushing part doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I just like to hear the other results of it, so I figured, why not give it a try.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    oh yeah for sure, that's only one of the very many advantages of drinking it!
  • aylawill
    Options
    I'm 30.5 weeks, and just ordered it, so I'm hoping to start drinking it soon. :)
  • MeanieD
    Options
    BUMP!

I didn't know it was supposed to ease the birthing process. That's awesome! I was drinking it to get pregnant (it helps balance hormone levels) and as part of my bedtime routine because it's a good sleep aid.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started drinking it at 36 weeks in my other 2 pregnancies and will do again.

I had nice quick labours, just used gas and air, and didn't even need stitches either time. I like to think the rl tea helped!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yea i have used it in past pregnancies as well- GREAT STUFF !!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    BUMP!

I didn't know it was supposed to ease the birthing process. That's awesome! I was drinking it to get pregnant (it helps balance hormone levels) and as part of my bedtime routine because it's a good sleep aid.

It's supposed to help soften your cervix.
  • emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It doesn't soften your cervix.. Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tones the uterus
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Did y'all drink it the whole pregnancy? In the last trimester? Last couple weeks?
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Did y'all drink it the whole pregnancy? In the last trimester? Last couple weeks?

They recommend not to drink it until 36 weeks.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have yogi mom-to-be and it's in the mix but the mix tastes mostly like mint.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didn't hear about it until I joined this forum. I will try to remember it after I hit 36 weeks. I don't know if it's available in the local market or not though.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    I didn't hear about it until I joined this forum. I will try to remember it after I hit 36 weeks. I don't know if it's available in the local market or not though.

You can get it in health food shops in England, but not sure about the US. I think you can buy it on Amazon too.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    There's also a homeopathic remedy that does the same thing called caulophyllum 30.

My last pregnancy I was taking caulophyllum and raspberry leaf tea three times a day and eating 6 dates every morning. Labour and birth were a breeze and I was competely back to normal and walking at least 3 miles a day after 8 days.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will have to look for it. Otherwise, I will just place an order on Amazon.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How much of it do you need to drink? At my yoga class, others were saying they had 8-10 cups of it a day. Do you need that much to make it effective?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Start a cup a day around 34/35 weeks and build up from there. If it's pure raspberry leaf you only need 3-4 cups a day. If it's infused with other flavours it's probably weaker and therefore you can drink more. But it's not recommended to drink more than 3 cups a day before 37 weeks as it can put you into labour.

If in doubt check at your local health food store.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    How much of it do you need to drink? At my yoga class, others were saying they had 8-10 cups of it a day. Do you need that much to make it effective?

Wow, 8-10 cups! I spend enough time going to the loo as it is lol. I had about 3 cups a day with my 2 children and had easy labours and births, so I will go for the same again.