March Madness

Options
jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
Spring is just around the corner and we will be wanting to bring out those shorts and T-tops. I think it might be time to kick it into high gear and make some plans and set some goals for the upcoming month. Consider taking the time and responding to this post with your own stats.

Let's restate our weight issues first of all. Never hurts to remind ourselves that weight is definitely the BIGGEST problem for all of us here. We can get into the how's and why's later.

Old Me 180 pounds 12-04-13
Current Me 173 pounds 02-24-14 Total loss to date: 7 pounds
Future Me 140 pounds 09-10-14

Objective - 1 pound a week weight loss

Summary: Behind schedule, time to step it up. Eating seems to be under control. Exercise is lacking. Hydration is a MUST.
Motivational Quote: "There is no elevator to success; you have to take the stairs."

Love ya all,
jp

Replies

• pdunville
    pdunville Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea. :)

Old Me : 170 pounds 11-17-13
    Current Me: 155.8 pounds 02-21-14
    Total loss to date: 14.2 pounds
    Future Me: 130 pounds 10-29-14

I never really set a goal date before, but I decided by my anniversary this year would be good. I'm hoping it'll come sooner, but realistically I know the weight loss will slow down the closer to my ideal weight I get.

My challenge so far has been incorporating exercise. I was really good with it at the start of the year. I did an "AB challenge" in January that kept me exercising every night, so maybe I need to start another challenge for March.

A real high point is it didn't even register with me until writing this that I'm very close to losing 15 pounds! Every other diet attempt in 2013 stopped with me losing 10 and then gaining it back, so this is the most successful I've been so far. :)
  • jpilley
    Options
    All those mileage markers make you FEEL GOOD. 15 is a big one - still waiting to hit my 10 pound marker.
    Turn around once and awhile and smile at me cuz I'm trailing behind you.

jp
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    okee dokee, count me in :wink:

Old Me ...........271 pounds 09-10-13 :noway:
    Current Me ....234 pounds 02-24-14 Total loss to date: 37 pounds :drinker:
    Future Me .....175 pounds 01-29-15 :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: (so I can get my wedding rings back on, then another -25)

Objective - 1.5 pound a week weight loss

Summary: Overall consumption is down, and portioning control has been achieved.
    Carb counting works! DASH plan works!
    eliminating 95+% of all processed foods, eliminating processed sugar, and minimun wheat consumption works!
    5:2 plan is helping.
    EXERCISE WORKS! and its feeling really good now that I am getting fit again :love:
    Fitbit is really cool!
    MFP friends are an unexpected joy :bigsmile: , and provide the very best inspiration and motivation. :blushing:

Motivational Quote: “If a person gets rid of any weight, or girth, or fat, it isn't lost--it is fought off, beaten off.”
    ― Samuel G. Blythe, The Fun of Getting Thin :wink:

“If I hired one of those stock boys to chase me around the store with a licorice whip, I'd be thin by Christmas.” :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

working on my story line; a work in progress .. just like me
    http://s272.photobucket.com/user/AKcanookie/story/31021 (let me know if the link doesn't work or needs a pswd)

inyourskin_zps057b55de.jpg
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Squidgey reporting for forum duty :bigsmile: lol.

Ok, so, I've been a bit "down" about my weight recently - maybe this will be a decent thing to do.

Old me: 174Ibs
    Current me: 156.6Ibs
    Total loss to date: 17.4Ibs
    Future me: 135Ibs

Objective: 0.5Ibs per week

Summary:
    Plateued for 8 months, started losing again recently after upping my calories to 1800-2000/day.
    Resting heart rate is around 64 - down from a resting heart rate of 82 when I started!! Least my heart will thank me :D
    Can now hold my own weight (hanging) - yay :D
  • Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea, :smile:

Ok Old me:- 269.25 lbs 6 Jan 2014
    Current me :- 246.25 lbs 23 Feb 2014
    Future me :- 154 lbs 28 Feb 2015

Have set a date 12 months in advance, am hoping to lose 2lb a week but will settle for 1.5lbs even though the date may be longer, but as long as I am losing I am fine about that.

Cant exercise due to the osteoarthritis in my knee but hoping as the weight comes off that will improve, thinking maybe water aerobics.........
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, a check up point is really enlightening and makes us see exactly how far we have come.

Congratulations on everyones progress so far, looking forward to seeing some notifications of success stories!

Old Me: 130 pounds 10th Oct 2013
    Current Me 120 pounds 17th Feb 2014
    Future Me 100 pounds

Total loss to date: 10 pounds
    C25K - 11 workout out of 27 complete, 4 workout behind schedule whoops!
  • jpilley
    Options
    Well ladies - looks like we are only SIX strong and tomorrow is the 1st day of March. Let's DO IT!

:smile:
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join.

Old me: 224
    Current me: 224
    Future me: 145

I haven't found what works for me yet. The concept is eat less and move more (but currently I have it backwards....) Need all the help I can get!!
  • jpilley
    Options
    Heck no - it's never too late! Besides it's only DAY ONE.

We are SEVEN STRONG NOW. Everybody better watch out - we're on a mission.

jp