What's on your plate? Thread to share a good recipe.

Options
I thought it would be nice to share meals (any breakfast, lunch, or dinner) that you enjoyed. I am just starting the whole 30 but started a few weeks ago making whole 30 compliant meals for my family a couple times a week. Please feel free to share a delicious meal. From what I've read some people get bored with the meals as they get closer to the end of the whole 30.

Replies

• bethcongdon1
    bethcongdon1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My breakfast was my leftover version of chicken pad tai. I sautéed garlic and onions in some coconut oil. Then added some diced mushrooms and cooked them for a few minutes. I added some ground ginger, some curry powder, dash of salt, and pepper. Then I added about a 1/4 cup of water and a 1/4 cup of coconut milk. Then I some diced cooked chicken and let that cook for a few more minutes. Last I added some broccoli slaw and let that cook together. It was delicious last night. It was delicious again this morning too. I've never cooked with curry powder before and it was amazing. It was really easy and quick. It would make a good weeknight meal with leftovers. :)
  • bethcongdon1
    Options
    Today we had baked pork chops topped with mushrooms that I sautéed in coconut oil. For the sides I made carrots and roasted cabbage with olive oil. I will definitely make the cabbage again. It was delicious!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    For my lunch tomorrow I made homemade mayo > into Chipotle Lime Mayo to go with my paleo Chick-fil-a nuggets. I cant wait to enjoy them!

Today I had big salads for lunch and dinner as well as some shredded beef on the side.

Dinner tomorrow night will most likely be out. We usually catch something out on Wednesday evenings because we just dont have time to make dinner and eat before going to Bible study. Should be interesting but I know I can make good choices to stick to the plan.
  • bethcongdon1
    Options
    Glad you could join our group. Things that have helped me so far: planning ahead if I go out to eat- checking out their menu online, prepping food in advance (cutting veggies for the next couple of days, using leftovers and combining them different ways and it seems like a new meal, making sure to get enough fat, carbs, and protein, and lots of varied veggies to get a good balance of nutrition, and planning a similar menu for my family so I am not cooking so many different things (my husband and children aren't doing whole 30 but they eat similar stuff).
  • GSD_Girl
    GSD_Girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friday I had sliced bananas fried in coconut oil with cinnamon and sunflower seeds for breakfast with a side of eggs. So good. Almost dangerously good like leaning towards being a possible dessert/trigger food. However after the second attempt when I burnt them, I am not having any cravings.

Also, cauliflower rice. I tried it with great success. Though I would recommend adding fresh lemon or lime juice to any recipe for it.
  • bethcongdon1
    Options
    I made bone broth in the crockpot from the turkey carcass after last nights meal. I cooked it in the crock with some garlic, apple cider vinegar (2 tbl spoons) and 4 liters of water. On low for 24 hours. It turned out great! I can't wait to use it in my cooking and have a cup with my lunch and dinner.
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    However after the second attempt when I burnt them, I am not having any cravings.

Haha, bummer!