Getting frustrated

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
I'm on the 4th weeks of keto (with a couple of downfalls along the way where I kicked myself out of keto for a couple of days). I'm not seeing the results I expected. I didn't take measurements (which I regret), and I haven't weighed myself in about a week because I fear disappointment. I think peanut butter may be the culprit. I like it a little too much and I don't think I realize how much I'm eating throughout the day sometimes. Has anyone else had experience with cutting out a food like peanut butter and finding success finally?

Replies

• cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Mine loss comes in spurts, which makes the plateaus difficult mentally. Your diary looked good to me. I haven't tried to cut out a food for an extended amount of time to see how it affects me. You would need to do it for weeks, and even over that short time frame, any difference might be due to normal pauses and weight loss / weight loss spurts.

But be fully honest with your food diary and if you aren't sure, put err on the high side.
  • amindyleigh
    amindyleigh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was stalled for about 6 weeks. I cut dairy and increased my exercise and today I lost 3 lbs and seemed to have broken the stall.
    I eat unsweetened unsalted peanut butter everyday with celery :) From what I have heard, if you "cheat" and get yourself out of keto it's like starting from the beginning again. That's what's kept me from cheating.
    Best of luck to you! Keep plugging away and pay attention to the non scale victories (less bloating, clear skin, tons of energy, shiny hair..those are mine)....eventually the scale will catch up.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Don't focus just on the scale. Take measurements and see if you feel better and stronger. I didn't lose much weight between week 3-5 either. This is a long race not a sprint. If you are looking at short term success, even after losing the weight, it will most likely come back. Just make sure you adapt to this lifestyle.
  • 195to135
    195to135 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 4th weeks of keto (with a couple of downfalls along the way where I kicked myself out of keto for a couple of days). I'm not seeing the results I expected. I didn't take measurements (which I regret), and I haven't weighed myself in about a week because I fear disappointment. I think peanut butter may be the culprit. I like it a little too much and I don't think I realize how much I'm eating throughout the day sometimes. Has anyone else had experience with cutting out a food like peanut butter and finding success finally?

Your profile says you only have 9 pounds to lose, you're going to lose the last few pounds a lot slower than someone who has a lot to lose, but only 2 pounds shown on your profile in a month after switching to low carb does seem really slow make sure you're weighing all your food you may just be getting in more calories and carbs then you think you are and as you don't have that many pounds to lose try adding in weight lifting losing inches is a lot more rewarding then a lower number on the scale
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. I definitely plan on making this a total life-change and not just a temporary "diet". The reason why my profile only says 2 lbs is because I actually gained a couple more pounds than what my profile says before I started doing keto. Since cutting carbs/keto I have lost a total of about 4- 4 1/2 lbs.

I am interested in beginning some kind of lifting but where do I begin? I need some guidance with that!