Sleepy = Binge

Options
eso2012
eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
Going through this now, so a reminder that if you are going through a BED cycle, you may want to really focus on getting better sleep.

When you are tired, your body produces more Ghrelin, the hormones that indicate to your body that you need food.

I certain see a correlation there. When I am tired but somehow delay my sleep...it drags on and I would find myself eating. Which of course makes for a lousy feeling in the morning. If I just hit the sack, I will wake up feeling great and ready to deal with BED in a healthy way.

Keep up the good work, you all. My relapse took me by surprise. But a few days of normalcy, body "recovered". Still on the edge, a few steps forward, a few steps back. My newly adapted motto: A Setback is a set up for a Comeback!

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    A Setback is a set up for a Comeback!

I love that!

I agree with you. Adequate sleep plays a big role in dealing with BED in a healthy manner. If I'm exhausted, I'm definitely more prone to overeating. Sometimes I go to sleep just so I don't eat anymore :ohwell:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I wouldn't have thought that but makes sense. I find that binge = sleepy, though. After consuming a lot of sugar, I feel so tired and crash within the hour.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sleepy --> Binge --> Sleepy. A bad cycle :( It is ridiculous, if you think of it, how a normally rational adult would let him/herself get so tired to the point of eating up the kitchen sink! But we all do that sometimes.