LiveFit Graduates?

Options
I was doing a bunch of searches to see some ordinary people who have finished or who are towards the end of the LiveFit Challenge but I don't seem to find very many. How did the people in this group do? I'm nearing the end of Phase 1 Week 2. I'm no stranger to strength training but needed something fun and different to get interested again. So far I feel like the workouts are fun. They are a welcome break from p90x because those workouts are sooooo long! I also did Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping for about 3 years and I like that I can go at my own pace and really focus on doing the move correctly instead of keeping up. It does feel like the program wants you to eat A LOT! I can't bring myself to eat quite as much as it calls for but I do eat all the meals-just a smaller portion. I would love to hear other people's stories.

Replies

• law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Live Fit program for 6 weeks (I just started week two/phase two). I am following the workout program, but not so much the menu planning, although I'm monitoring what I eat thru MFP. I am looking to increase muscle mass and if I lose a couple pounds in the process, that'll be OK.

What I've noticed in Phase 2 is that I'm spending 90 minutes in the gym 5-6 days a week. Although I LOVE working out, it's a bit of a scheduling challenge to carve out that amount of time each day. I haven't had a chance to look into Phase 3 to see if the gym time turns into a longer commitment...I'm a big fan of sleeping, plus being a mom of two, married, working full time and running a house....something's gotta give!

How have you found the program?
  • vlross13
    vlross13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am starting phase 1 week 3 tonight at the gym...I'm loving this program because it pushed me out of my comfort zone workout wise and I'm doing things I've never done before. however i feel as though i need the cardio portion too even though at this point there is no cardio.
  • angelfoodkate
    angelfoodkate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a graduate but I'm about to start phase 3 on Monday of next week. I follow the meal plan, I only miss a few meals here and there. I've see results so far, I've dropped almost 15 pounds and two clothing sizes. I've worked out and lifted before though, I just put on a lot of weight before starting the program. I will have before and after photos, I'm doing this program as part of the gold's gym body transformation contest. Right now I only have 2/3 of the way pictures! :)
  • law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How much time are you spending in the gym during phase 3? I'm in phase 2 and on cardio days, spend close to 80 minutes working out. I'm trying to anticipate what they next phase will look like as I work it around my LIFE!! :)
  • michelebaughan7
    michelebaughan7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am now in Phase 2 Week 3 and law1558 is right! The gym takes a good 80-90 minutes even without a ton of traffic. I only have an hour and half after work before I need to get babies from daycare so I am missing some of the cardio. My time limitations are really frustrating. Otherwise, I still love the workouts. I've only lost like 4 pounds (and I could stand to lose some) but I do notice that my strength and muscle tone has increased a lot. I saw on some of the bodybuilding.com blogs that the workout times are less in Phase 3, once you get the hang of it. They say it is taking 45-60 minutes which is going to be great! Thanks for all the comments and I hope to hear from you guys more as you go through this program.