I am new to this group...

Options
Good Afternoon everyone,

I am looking forward to being part of your group on our weight loss journey. My name is Sharmelle but you may call me Shar though. I am a 37 years old who is looking for support and encouragement. I am struggling to keep and get my weight down right now. I have gain ten pounds in three or six months. I am trying to lose eighty nine more pounds but it is a struggle right now. I do see a dietitian every so often due to I am a diabetic and that is one of the offers that my diabetes nurse gives me to do before my next appointment with her and I always do it to receive some help there too. I'd love to make some new friend from here too.

I do not have Internet at my home right now so I cannot be here every day like I use to, But I will check in when I can ok. But when I am spending time with family I have Internet access and I will be here. But just to let you know I will have the Internet until April or May 2014 for personal reasons, so I will be here as much as I can until than ok.

God's Blessings, Sharmelle

Replies

• laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Shar.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Praise God that you are here with us. He is here with you and us, as we discover how amazing we can be with God's love. :flowerforyou:
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Laura!
  • SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Thank you, acogg! Thank you also for adding me as a friend here and your kind words! I am glad we can be friends! I Praise God for letting us become friends.God will see use through this journey proudly.

• AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I also live with diabetes. I've lost 106 lbs. in a year because of changes in my lifestyle and food intake. :) I wish the best of luck. When you can be here, be here! It's been a great help to me.
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm nearing my goal weight, but am losing to avoid developing diabetes. Like you, I'm 37, and I'll pray for you on your journey.

Jo
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi welcome
  • SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I also live with diabetes. I've lost 106 lbs. in a year because of changes in my lifestyle and food intake. :) I wish the best of luck. When you can be here, be here! It's been a great help to me.

Good Evening Alli,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have added you as a friend

That is great you have lost 106 lbs. in a year from changing your lifestyle and food intake. I have lost 70 lbs. in about 4 years. I am really struggling to keep and get this weight off.

Thank you for the kind words!

• SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm nearing my goal weight, but am losing to avoid developing diabetes. Like you, I'm 37, and I'll pray for you on your journey.

Jo

Good Evening Jo,

Thank you! I have added you as my friend also.

Good luck on avoiding developing diabetes.

Thank you for the prayers! I will keep you in my prayers also.

• SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Good Evening Shannon,

Thank you for the welcome!

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Welcome and love is here. Have faith that you are in Jesus's love.:heart:
  • SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Welcome and love is here. Have faith that you are in Jesus's love.:heart:

Thank you! Acogg! Sorry I was not here sooner, Wednesday February 26, 2014 was my Rob's birthday, Thursday we were out with dad and we are getting a cat next week lol. And Friday until now I have just been so busy with other things.

• WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Shar! I'd love to be on this journey with you! I have been with MFP since April 2013 and have lost 68lbs. so far but have about 100+ lbs. to go. My heaviest I've been was 375lbs. but my first weigh in with MFP was 324. I am 58 and will turn 59 in April. I have lost 100lbs. 2 times before and gained it back plus, then due to an illness lost 75lbs. after I recovered I started put the weight back on. That's when I found out about MFP from a friends post on FB. Thank God! This is a great place to be. And with people who will encourage, inspire, walk with us, etc. If you want to friend me, we can walk this journey together and encourage each other.
  • SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Hi Shar! I'd love to be on this journey with you! I have been with MFP since April 2013 and have lost 68lbs. so far but have about 100+ lbs. to go. My heaviest I've been was 375lbs. but my first weigh in with MFP was 324. I am 58 and will turn 59 in April. I have lost 100lbs. 2 times before and gained it back plus, then due to an illness lost 75lbs. after I recovered I started put the weight back on. That's when I found out about MFP from a friends post on FB. Thank God! This is a great place to be. And with people who will encourage, inspire, walk with us, etc. If you want to friend me, we can walk this journey together and encourage each other.

Good Morning WWDA4655,

Thank you for your friendship request! I am glad we can be friends! I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you; I tried to do it yesterday and when I clicked post reply it told me I was signed out. So I was mad and did not start my reply again until today ok.

I have been here since April 2012 and I am losing and gaining; but the weight I gained this last time may be muscle weight that I am gaining lol.

That is great you found out about MFP through a friend on FB. I am glad to see you here!

I hope to talk to you again soon.

• debbieannbuck
    debbieannbuck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharmelle and welcome to the group!
    You made a wise choice including the Lord on your journey.
    I would like to encourage you by joining a game I created.

If you go under "Women of Faith" you will see a topic called "Weight Loss Game."
    Here's how it works:

On Sunday, June 1st, I am going to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack (beverages don't count).
    It is my goal to keep every one of those meals as close as I can to 300 calories (without going over).
    Whoever gets the closest to 1,200 calories (without going over in ANY category), is the winner and gets to choose the next challenge.
    Anyone want to play?
    On June 2nd, go to the "Weight Loss Game" page and post your result!
    Have fun and God bless!!!
  • SharmelleOlson
    Options
    Good Afternoon Debbie,

Thank you! At this time I am unable to participate in you game but I would love to start in October/November 2014. At this time I am at dad's using his Internet until 3 pm CDT this afternoon. But in October/November I should have Internet at my home ok. Thank you for the offer on the game and I look forward to playing when I come back. I hope to be back on the Internet come October/November.