Dress Fitting

Options
Hey all,

I'm getting married in November 2014 and I just purchased my dress two weeks ago. It's supposed to come in from the manufacturer in 4-6 months, and they'll start the fittings then. Does that mean I need to be at my wedding weight in 4-6 months?? Has anyone gone through the fitting process yet? It really stresses me out to buy something so expensive that's supposed to fit so exactly - what if I gain or lose after the fitting??

Weddingz r stressful.

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I just purchase mine this weekend also. They ordered the dress in your current size, so when it comes in, they can do a fitting for alterations if needed.

We re in the same boat. Can lose weight but not a significant amount. They dress can be altered but not if you lose too much.
  • winley87
    Options
    Do you know how much is "too much"? I think I read somewhere that the max is 2 sizes - I already ordered my dress a size smaller in the hips because my measurements were different for my hips and waist/bust.

I mean I guess worst case scenario is that I'd have to gain weight, right? I think I could handle that. ;)
  • winley87
    Options
    P.S. If that's a picture of your dress, it's gorgeous!
  • Denisha805
    Denisha805 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ordered my dress and super excited for it to come back. My wedding is in June. So far I have lost 15 pounds. I had to order my dress to fit my hips which at the time was a size 18. I have lost a significant amount of inches around my waist to I am super excited for them to have to take it in!!
  • Merebelle2014
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm getting married in May, so I'm a few months ahead of you. The rule at David's Bridal was 40 lbs, or 2 dress sizes. Then when you do your fitting, they'll take what your measurements are at that time, and alter as needed.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, it's exciting, isn't it?! :)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Have my fitting 10 days before the wedding (wedding is in May). I just ordered my size and hoped it would need to be taken in. x
  • winley87
    winley87 Posts: 32
    Options
    It is exciting!! Thanks for the advice/perspectives ladies. :)
  • Bethie8585
    Options
    New to the group, Congrats everyone!!!

In regards to the original post, my wedding is in June and they ordered my dress in whatever size I was at that time. It just came in and I went in just to make sure it was the right one and everything (not an official fitting) tried it on and they're going to have to take it in (Yahhh!) lol

But they said my FINAL fitting won't be until around 6 weeks before the wedding. So that's when size matters ...depending on the style of dress you got. My dress has a corset back so even after the final fitting if I lose a little bit more (hopefully rather than gain) it can be adjusted :)