LET'S LOSE 10?

Options
Hey girls!!

I've seen in quite a few threads that everyone is looking to lose around 10 lbs....so I've started this new thread to streamline the collective goal!

Are y'all in?

I propose -10lbs by the end of April....that gives us 8 weeks!

Post your goal, plan, and other details you find important! What kinds of guidelines are normally followed in these kinds of things?

LET'S DO IT LADIES!!

Replies

• aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like this :):)
  • noyoyo122
    noyoyo122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In! 10 lbs would be perfect to lose and simply get back to my "fighting" weight. :embarassed:
    Plus, just signed up for a 5K for May 31st, so forces me to get moving!
  • jenb1830
    jenb1830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in with that too! I actually have my wedding in less than 1 month (March 22) and I would LOVE to lose as much as possible between now and then! Thanks for the support!
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be 121 lbs by the end of April. I'm currently trying to stay at a reasonable caloric deficit (for me) and bike 1 hour per day, do my body weight resistance workout daily, and hit 10,000 steps each day. Feel free to add me! (I do tend to eat on the lower side, but I keep my protein high.)
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in, feel free to add me! I've lost 10 pounds relatively quickly using myfitnesspal, but I've heard the first 10 are always easiest to lose. Once I lost the next 10 I'll be at my goal weight.
  • Nsey2013
    Options
    I ladies!!!
    I am from Paris so sorryfor my faults. Well my goal it's to lost 10 lbs for the end of april. That's why Iam here! So let's do IT :wink:
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I need the kick in the butt! Let's do this! I am super excited! I try and get to the gym daily: lots of cardio but the strength training is a mystery to me. I try my best but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly! Anyway, Spring backpacking will be upon us and it'd be nice to carry ten less pounds.
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around 10 lbs as well so here we go :) feel free to add me
  • caitlinashe511
    caitlinashe511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How great to see all of these responses!! Do y'all want to start NOW or this weekend or????
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join in :o)
    This is my plan:
    I'm currently doing the 30 DS (Level 1 Day 6) . After the 30DS I plan on doing another JM dvd.
    I also alternate walking/running every day (20 minutes) except Sunday.

I've been doing the MFP thing for over 2 weeks now. I've only lost 2 pounds. I'm finding it very difficult losing this 10 pounds. I'm considering not eating back all of my exercise calories (gasp).
    What is everyone doing here? Eating back or not?

Nicole
  • noyoyo122
    noyoyo122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Now! I've actually started two days ago and so far so good. I made it back to the gym and have been running (not a lot, but getting there!). I'll get back on the scale this coming Monday. I figured Monday is a good day to weigh-in so as to keep me honest over the weekend.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start whenever! My next weigh-in is March 1st. We'll see what's up then!

Nikky, I don't usually eat back my exercise calories.
  • TG683
    TG683 Posts: 41
    Options
    Im in! My plan is to run 5k as many days a week as I can! In addition to home workouts and not going over my calories :) Feel free to add me.
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've gained 6 pounds since November and I still had a few to go to get to goal weight. So I'm shooting for 10 by end of April too. Have a 20 year high school reunion this summer so that is my motivation.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • seoseo123
    seoseo123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm so down! I've been trying to lose 10lbs but it is so hard for me for some reason..
  • babulka2
    babulka2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in on this too ladies.
  • poppypixie
    poppypixie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in! I want to knock of about 10 lbs. I plan to control my portion sizes, do more cardio and hopefully even more when it warms up outside. I am wanting to cut down on sugar and sodium, which sugar I think I am getting on track with, but not sure how to control sodium. I may need to do some research on what I should have in my diet. I think the team approach is great.

I am open to any tips on workout suggestions. I have a sedentary work life and live in the sticks of the country so gyms are more of a hassle then they are worth to me. I own my own elliptical, stair stepper and a good ole fashion bike, but would love new ideas.

I am doing a Biggest Loser challenge at work and started at 139. I am at 128, but my goal is 115 by April 7.
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    I am in!

I would love to lose 10lbs by the end of April! Just in time for the weather to start getting nicer (hopefully!).

I plan to start training for a triathalon in August so hopefully the training from that will help. I will try to get up for at least 5 minutes every hour at work. I think this will be fairly easy as I get restless sitting at a desk all day, but sometimes you just get absorbed in a project. I am also going to watch my sugar. I gave up processed sugar for Lent, that should help kick start things.

I generally have been trying to stay away from the scale as I have a tendency to get obsessive about it. But this will be a good goal! I will say I would like to be down to 145 by April 30th (which also happens to be my one year anniversary with my boyfriend).

I am very open to recipes and workout ideas as well!

Dana- I grew up in the sticks so I can completely relate to you there. I think you're off to a great start in having that fitness equipment available to you. Plus, there are tons of videos on Youtube and I personally love the HIIT workouts on bodyrocktv.com.