Two new Keto recipes that I absolutely love

Options
These have now become a staple in my house. Cauliflower crust pizza and pork rind breaded chicken tenders.

- Cauliflower Crust Pizza -

1. 1 head of cauliflower
2. 1 egg
3. spices: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, roasted red pepper, garlic powder
4. Parmesan cheese shredded
5. mozzarella cheese
6. tomato sauce
7. toppings (i used pepperoni)

Preheat oven to 400. Throw cauliflower into food processor and process it until it is a fine powder. Throw the powder into a pan with a 1/4 cup of water and heat over medium high until it gets soft. Throw the mush into a cheese cloth or thin towel and squeeze all of the water out (this step is important).

Put the squeezed cauliflower mush into a bowl with an egg, handful of Parmesan cheese, spices to taste and mix it up well. Roll it into a bowl and mash it out into a thin circular shape on top of parchment paper. Bake it for 40 min. When it is done it should easily flip over and look sort of like a big piece of pita bread. Turn up your oven to 450.

Flip the pizza crust over so that the side that was down while in the oven is now up. Add your sauce (not too much), cheese (i use a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan), and toppings. Pop it back in for about 12 min.

Notes: I am not a fan of cauliflower but this only barely has a hint of roasted cauliflower taste that pairs quite well with the other ingredients. This really rubbed my pizza itch.

- Pork grind Chicken Tenders -

1. Chicken tenderloins or breasts
2. Pork rinds
3. Mayo
4. Mustard
5. Spices: Pepper, garlic powder, roasted red pepper, onion powder
6. powdered Parmesan cheese.
7. egg
8. sweetener for honey mustard sauce (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Line a pan with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top of the pan. Put pork grinds, Parmesan cheese, roasted red pepper in a Ziploc and crush it all up. Make sure it is mixed well. In a separate bowl, mix mayo, egg, mustard, and spices up in a bowl. Place chicken in a separate Ziploc bag and pour batter in. Mix well. Take each tender, one at a time, and drop it into the pork rind mixture and coat well. Then place the tender on the cooling rack. Repeat until all of the tenders are coated and on the rack. Place in oven for 40 min. Mix up some honey mustard sauce: mustard, mayo, liquid sweetener (I used EZ sweets).

Notes: Super easy and quick and they taste wonderful.

I will add pics when I get home this evening. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• Asphere79
    Options
    Never mind - I had the pics in my email.

Jd9tNju.jpg

X8hEhZe.jpg
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm
  • brista128
    brista128 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The pizza looks so yummy!
  • Asphere79
    Options
    The pizza looks so yummy!

It was amazing. I can't stress that enough. I didn't come up with the recipe, it is the standard one floating around the web. My wife, who isn't doing Keto, absolutely loves it. We made it twice in 1 week. She put ham an pineapple on hers. The crust actually gets crusty and tastes like the seasonings you put in it - unlike the grainy flax and almond meal crusts.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've got to try this one sometime! I made a flaxmeal crust one that was disgusting!! I scraped the toppings off and tossed the crust in the trash. Lesson learned.
  • huneydrop
    Options
    I have also been meaning to try sliding the parchment paper onto a hot pizza stone and cooking it that way (10-15 min), I ready somewhere that the crust holds better when cooked this way so I will be trying it on Saturday. Other than that your recipe is the same as mine and yes it is delicious!!!
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering. I need to try both of these!
    Thanks for posting.:bigsmile:
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looks fantastic!!!
  • DGPebbles
    DGPebbles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Got to try these. Thanks for sharing
  • Ready2Loose75
    Ready2Loose75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Holy... that looks good. Why can't Papa Johns make these!
  • cchristymike
    Options
    yummy :)
  • mawesadobo
    Options
    Can I make the cauliflower crust using a microwave? I don't have an oven, and buying one is out of the question right now. I would love to try this out and see if it can help me conquer my bread cravings.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    yum, both look good
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will be trying these soon. yummmmm ---- thanks for posting
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Can I make the cauliflower crust using a microwave? I don't have an oven, and buying one is out of the question right now. I would love to try this out and see if it can help me conquer my bread cravings.

I have a toaster oven that I got at Walmart for around $50 that I use all the time and there are cheaper ones. I rarely turn on my regular oven.
  • Asphere79
    Asphere79 Posts: 41
    Options

I have seen people use the microwave before. The goal is to make the cauliflower pulp mushy and then to squeeze out the water.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pork rinds! I use it as a bread crumb substitute in my meatloaf, oven fried chicken, chicken fingers, fried pork chops and chicken parmesan.

I also love cauliflower mash but I'm going to have to try that pizza.
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    These look delicious, thanks for sharing!
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I gave up on cauliflower crusts a couple years ago since I could never get it right and my home always smelled so awful whenever I tried, but your pizza looks so good that I'm going to give it a shot again!

Thanks for sharing! :-)
  • tamio9
    tamio9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think I will try the cauliflower pizza. sounds good..
    Last night I made a pizza from flax meal.... it was ok but not something I would make all the time...

Thanks for the recipes!!