Tell us a little bit about your self? Mommy Status?

Options
Hi. I am Rebecca and I am a wife and a mom to 4 children 3, 9, 17, 18 and just started a new website/blog called Slim Fitness Moms. I work part time and I am also a fitness coach.
I started my health and fitness journey after my 4th child. I just was unhappy and tired and weighed the most I ever had and knew I needed to change. If you would like to read more about my journey on my blog. Check it out at www.slimfitnessmoms.com in the About me section :)
My soulmate workout is Insanity and currently I try to eat clean and I don't do any "diets". Just watch what I eat as best I can.
I am currently doing a squat challenge and also will be starting the 21 day Fix on March 10th. If anyone wants to join me all the details are at http://slimfitnessmoms.com/21-day-fix-challenge/
So far I have a small group starting and can't wait to see the changes in 21 days!

Replies

• kmorring2014
    kmorring2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am Kim and I am a wife, mommy to one adorable 15 month old boy, and full time computer teacher at a private school in south-eastern Virginia.

I have been on a fitness journey since 2007 when I tipped the scale at 410 pounds at my engagement party. I lost weight before my wedding, but my husband was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer 9 months after our wedding. After his surgery, he went into shock and sepsis and was in the ICU fighting for his life for 2 weeks. After his month long stay in the hospital, we had 6 months of chemo to deal with (thank God he is in remission now - it will be 4 years since his diagnosis this April). During that time, I was eating EVERYTHING in sight and none of it was healthy so I got back up to 375 pounds. I lost that, and then we started trying to get pregnant. I have PCOS so we had to undergo fertility treatments to get pregnant (which caused me to gain about 30 pounds) and I then gained 44 pounds during my pregnancy. I gave birth to my son at 369 pounds and am a bit more than 110 pounds down from that weight today.

I want to be healthy to be here with my son and husband for a long time. I love running, weight lifting, and swimming. I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 6 until I was 18, and have a lot of muscle strength (can leg press literally 1000 pounds for 3 sets of 6).

I have adopted a "vegan-lite" style of eating for the past year or so (no dairy, no red meat, no poultry, only fish and eggs from animals, very limited processed food (only special occasions really), lots of fruits and veggies).
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm Rita, 39 years old, 5'7" and about 128lbs. I work full time (overnights), have been married 10 years and have 2 daughters, ages 5 and 19 months.

I've always had fitness in my life. Danced from age 6-22. Was a runner/jogger from age 18-37, and now with 2 little ones at home, Insanity is the only workout I do. Did the program after my last was born to get back into shape...and just kept going. Best workout I've ever done in the least amount of time.

I make mostly healthy food choices, high protein and veggies in my protein shakes every day. I have some sort of treat almost everyday as I do have a sweet tooth. Moderation! Not binges! :). Back on myfitnesspal to keep that last 5 lbs in check and to stay motivated.
  • ashleywilson316
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, my name is Ashley. I'm a mother of 2 sons (3 and 13) and have 2 step daughters (9 & 13). I work full-time and am also attending school at Tulane University. My husband and i have a very busy schedule so working out time is limited. I was going to the gym everyday at lunch but it just didn't feel like I was getting the best owrkout possible and I was always on serious time onstraints.

I have started the Insanity videos and am starting my 2nd month. While I'm not losing inches really or any pounds - - I can certainly see a difference in muscle tone. I really enjoy the videos and they certainly keep you motivated. I have received the point that if I miss a day of working out - I have let myself down. That's a great feeling to have when you're on a missing to find a more perfect "you".

I have reduced my caloric intake and have been trying to watch what I eat. I allow myself a cheat day or two on the weekends; however, I still don't overdo it as I once did. My goal is to stay motivated and look better in a bathing suit this summer than i have the best few!!!
  • lcgonzo33
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am Kim and I am a wife, mommy to one adorable 15 month old boy, and full time computer teacher at a private school in south-eastern Virginia.

I have been on a fitness journey since 2007 when I tipped the scale at 410 pounds at my engagement party. I lost weight before my wedding, but my husband was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer 9 months after our wedding. After his surgery, he went into shock and sepsis and was in the ICU fighting for his life for 2 weeks. After his month long stay in the hospital, we had 6 months of chemo to deal with (thank God he is in remission now - it will be 4 years since his diagnosis this April). During that time, I was eating EVERYTHING in sight and none of it was healthy so I got back up to 375 pounds. I lost that, and then we started trying to get pregnant. I have PCOS so we had to undergo fertility treatments to get pregnant (which caused me to gain about 30 pounds) and I then gained 44 pounds during my pregnancy. I gave birth to my son at 369 pounds and am a bit more than 110 pounds down from that weight today.

I want to be healthy to be here with my son and husband for a long time. I love running, weight lifting, and swimming. I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 6 until I was 18, and have a lot of muscle strength (can leg press literally 1000 pounds for 3 sets of 6).

I have adopted a "vegan-lite" style of eating for the past year or so (no dairy, no red meat, no poultry, only fish and eggs from animals, very limited processed food (only special occasions really), lots of fruits and veggies).

Wow Kim, what a journey you have been on! Congratulations on the baby and the weight loss! I hope your husband is much better now!
  • lcgonzo33
    Options
    Hi. I am Rebecca and I am a wife and a mom to 4 children 3, 9, 17, 18 and just started a new website/blog called Slim Fitness Moms. I work part time and I am also a fitness coach.
    I started my health and fitness journey after my 4th child. I just was unhappy and tired and weighed the most I ever had and knew I needed to change. If you would like to read more about my journey on my blog. Check it out at www.slimfitnessmoms.com in the About me section :)
    My soulmate workout is Insanity and currently I try to eat clean and I don't do any "diets". Just watch what I eat as best I can.
    I am currently doing a squat challenge and also will be starting the 21 day Fix on March 10th. If anyone wants to join me all the details are at http://slimfitnessmoms.com/21-day-fix-challenge/
    So far I have a small group starting and can't wait to see the changes in 21 days!

I am working on my second 5 weeks of T25. I am interested to see/hear about your results with the 21 day fix. It makes sense to me the way it is set up, and it sounds like they make planning your meals much easier. Keep us updated with results! :)
  • lcgonzo33
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am 26 years old and a single mother to an amazing 10 year old boy. I currently work full time, and spend all of my extra time running my son to practices, or just hanging out with him. The first 9 years of his life, I was busy working full time and going to school full time, so I feel like I better spend as much time with him now, before he becomes a teenager, who doesn't want to hang out with me at all lol.

I am currently doing T25 through beachbody in the mornings, and running the track in the evenings when I have time. I also use a Jawbone Up to keep track of my daily steps. I do my best to eat healthy, but I am not very creative, so after a few weeks healthy food gets old, and I end up eating bad for a while. It's a hard cycle. I probably need to sign up for cooking classes somewhere lol.
  • crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 32 mom to two boys ages 5 and 10. Started this year at 133, down to 125 now. I just went from working full time (cooking) to being a stay at home mom. I was very active as a teenager, involved in twirling flag and baton, and walked everywhere or biked, then became more and more sedentary as an adult. I started exercising daily on jan.20th when I turned 32, I just decided I didn't like how I looked and I was going to change it. I started with a few basic yoga sets from pintrest, have added the 30 day yoga challenge, and Jillian Michaels 6 week six pack.

This is my first time ever counting calories and exercising daily, I had such a high metabolism when I was young that I assumed I would always be in good shape, it crept up on me and I was too lazy to do anything about it, plus I love food, I'm a grazer and I love sweets, working in a bakery for 3 years didn't help either, but I've been doing fantastic now that I'm logging everything! (Although my fat and sugar are still over most days)

I'm also working on getting better at cardio, I have asthma and just got on a controller medication, before that I could do 20 jumping jacks and I would go into an asthma attack (or anything that brought the heart rate up, really) I log daily so far, tomorrow marks 2 weeks for me, and all my exercise is home-based I live in very rural Tennessee, and I've never been inside a gym.
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 30 years old and mother to an eight month old boy. I'm married and work full time as a Program Analyst (I came back to work early for a new career opportunity). I have been active most of life and started running when I was 20. Originally that worked to keep the weight off and I could eat most anything I wanted. However, now that I have had a baby (and gained just over 50 pounds in my pregnancy) I need extra help in getting this weight off. I joined MyFitnessPal and started paying attention to what I eat for the first time, it is actually going pretty good.

I don't like missing out on spending time with my son so currently I get up at 5:30am to do Insanity, just compelted day 9! and at work I walk on my coffee breaks (30 minutes) and at lunch I run around our lake (30 minutes). I'm hoping to stay motivated to complete the Insanity program and to get back down to my pre-baby weight (picture of me in my ticker).
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have two baby boys (2 1/2 and three weeks) and my other two (my husband and my mastiff). I'm trying to lose the baby weight and some extra poundage I was carrying. Doing c25k again as an easy intro into exercise and plan on doing yoga along with the 30 day shred towards the end of next month. Ideally I'm also going to start belly dance classes soon.

Im also vegan. Made the transition 5months ago after being vegetarian for about 6 years, so I love cooking. My husband and first born are meat eaters, so its pretty common to see me make two meals for the house. I was chubby in highschool, and i worked get hard to lose weight. Now I'd like to reclaim that body!
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WOW. Great responses. Welcome everyone. Jade thanks for sharing your story. That is dedication to get up that early to do Insanity!! WTG.
    Christina, I too have asthma and have to take advair and also a rescue inhaler so I totally know what you mean!! I do most of my exercising at home too. Icgonza I did T25!! Its a great workout. I love Shaun T! I will def keep you in the know with the 21 day Fix!! I will post my results here. I have a group of Mom's doing it and I am excited to see all the results. We start soon!!

Welcome Kim, Rita and Ashley and Kit :)
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jade, that was exactly my story! Needed more than running to get my butt into shape, plus having 2 little ones means no more jog stroller… :(. I do miss the free feeling of running with my mutt though.
  • vlross13
    vlross13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all, My name is Veronica. I'm turning 38 this summer... I'm a single mom of an active 12 year old with Aspergers and I work full time. I had managed to lose about 60lbs about 2 years ago and had maintained well until recently when I've noticed the scale creeping up and my clothes not fitting again. Really looking forward to starting this challenge and at minimum losing the 15lbs I've put back on. My long term goal is closer to 30lbs along with tightening and toning through lifting and cardio...
  • kmorring2014
    kmorring2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Wow Kim, what a journey you have been on! Congratulations on the baby and the weight loss! I hope your husband is much better now!

Thanks!! it has been a journey for sure but I think that I am a better person for it. Thankfully my husband is in remission and the doctors seem to think that he will be cancer free for a long time to come :)