March 2014 Fitness Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
Shedding just a few pounds can start to improve your overall health. Losing weight takes time, energy, commitment, knowledge and for many of us … it takes support. :flowerforyou:

This month's challenge is to simply lose weight.

Set a reasonable goal for the month
Record your goal on the group thread
Weigh yourself at least once a week
Make an entry on the group thread at least once a week telling us of your weight loss successes and challenges

Do it for your family.
Do it for yourself.

Let’s start working toward a healthier you!

Are you in?:bigsmile:

Replies

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my personal goal is to loose 2 pounds in March, and I will weigh once a week and report back. I am within 5# of my goal weight and at this point a half pound a week loss in reasonable for me. Once I hit that goal and maintain for it awhile I'll then decide if I want to loose anymore.

I'll report is in a format like this:

Date: March 3rd Baseline:0 (can make a note of this, don't have to post)
    March 10th +/- of baseline= (how much up or down from basline weekly)

Challenges and successes for the week:
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Since I am in weight maintenance mode. My weight goal is to stay within a 5 lb range of my target weight. (134 lbs) My fitness goal is to drop 1.5% in bodycfat. Or 2 lbs of body fat.

My current %BF is 27.8% M
    My goal %BF is 26,3%

I wont be able to measure it again until the end of the month. Keep your fingers crossed!
  • rocky503
    Options
    Since I am in weight maintenance mode. My weight goal is to stay within a 5 lb range of my target weight. (134 lbs) My fitness goal is to drop 1.5% in bodycfat. Or 2 lbs of body fat.

My goal %BF is 26,3%

I wont be able to measure it again until the end of the month. Keep your fingers crossed!

Just asking, is it realistic to loose 2 pounds of body fat in a month when you are at goal weight? I don't really know. Would loose 2 pounds total or lose some and turn some weight into to muscle?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Okay here we go!
    I'm doing a challenge
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20042-lulu-mr-fish-30-day-gba-plank-challenge

I am also thinking I'll up my daily calorie burn to 750cals M-F. Hope I can do it!! I think I'm going to be one.sore.girl.

I'd like to continue on my latest trend of losing 2lbs per week.

Here. We. Go!
  • MinMin97
    Options

My goal %BF is 26,3%

Just asking, is it realistic to loose 2 pounds of body fat in a month when you are at goal weight? I don't really know. Would loose 2 pounds total or lose some and turn some weight into to muscle?
    When you are on a calorie deficit, the goal is to drop bodyfat, while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Resistance training and adequate protein will help that. But building muscle requires a surplus of cals! This is my understanding. But you can increase strength and cardiovascular fitness!! All good!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5+ lbs this month. I haven't really been losing for a while. So I am hoping this week I'll get that big initial weight loss, then lose 1-2 lbs a week. Over the past 2 yrs I have gained back 30 lbs...and I really want to lose that this year. I just need to focus and not get side tracked by life.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Yay March 1st!!
    I did planks 2min
    50 push-ups
    50 leg raises
    50 squats (just a light bar today)
    AAANNNNDDDD a 60min hike on that crazy stepmill (looks like a staircase). Crazy burn. I've been told that's a 1000calorie burn!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Yay March 1st!!
    I did planks 2min
    50 push-ups
    50 leg raises
    AAANNNNDDDD a 60min hike on that crazy stepmill (looks like a staircase). Crazy burn. I've been told that's a 1000calorie burn!
    Plus a bike ride give me an 830 calorie burn for today.
  • melkadee
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. I am 2.6 pounds heavier than I was last year this time. :embarassed: It's time to get back to this weight loss journey. :wink: We can do this!:bigsmile:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Yay March 1st!!
    I did planks 2min
    50 push-ups
    50 leg raises
    Plus a bike ride give me an 830 calorie burn for today.
    Plus another bike ride gave me a burn of over 1000 cals!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. I am 2.6 pounds heavier than I was last year this time. :embarassed: It's time to get back to this weight loss journey. :wink: We can do this!:bigsmile:
    You are different and better this year:) Great goals, you can do it!
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I lost 1-2 lbs in February which put me at my pre-holiday weight. Not as much as I'd like but considering the weather that we've had in NE Ohio and the hectic semester including routine 12+ hour days, I can't complain. There were times when I was lucky to get in 2 workouts/week.

I'm shooting for 2 lbs in March which would put me at 164, below my original goal weight of 165. I'm shooting for 160 and will take it from there.

FYI, I weigh myself every day and plot it on a control chart. I have a quality engineering background so I know how to watch the trends. I'll be reporting when my weight is "out of control"
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds of the 30 I put on during my pregnancy. Baby is 1 week old. I am planning on being 20 pounds down by the end of March so I need to lose 4 pounds this month.
  • rocky503
    Options
    Date: March 3rd Baseline determined and noted
    March 10th +/- of baseline=

Challenges and successes for the last week:
    + I dropped a pound the last week of Feb.
    +I got two nice weight training sessions, 2 HIIT sessions and a killer hike with hills this last week.
    +bought a pair of size 8 jeans that fit perfectly...

-I had a couple days of huge eating, ekk!:noway:
    -Need more consistent activity daily, shooting for at least 30 mins of walking everyday or more activity. :flowerforyou:
  • rocky503
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds of the 30 I put on during my pregnancy. Baby is 1 week old. I am planning on being 20 pounds down by the end of March so I need to lose 4 pounds this month.

Love you pic! So cute.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    did my planks and a Victoria Secrets butt workout today. Getting ready to go to the range for some shooting and then getting some workout time at the gym (hopefully).
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

I've lost 3.8 more pounds and am at 19 pounds lost since having baby. Only need one more pound to reach this months goal. Maybe I should change my goal.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm late coming in.....
    My goal is 5 pounds down this month... I had gone up about 3 -5 since my dad passed in October.

I started the 21 Day Fix two + weeks ago. currently showing 3 - 4 pounds down (I fluctuate a lot) so we shall see what is permanent.

working out daily
    following the eating plan Most days

Must keep Going!

We've got this!

Nancy
  • rocky503
    Options
    Checked my tape measure measurements today, and I have lost a tiny bit of inches since July 2013 although my weight is higher a little then it was in July. Lifting heavy weights is working, now I just have to control my intake more....:drinker:
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am ill. :sick: I have been ill since the end of February. I am just starting to feel better. :smile: I weighed this morning and I gained a pound. I have not been working out or recording my meals. I hope to start exercising slowly this week. Keep making progress! You guys rock! :bigsmile: