looking for motivation, need help please!

Options
i had the vsg on 8/22/12 starting weight 285lb as of today i am 170lbs, i am very proud but my lowest was 160lbs i have had a 10lbs regain and its bc i have stoped following the rules! i need all the help i can get, i am looking for friends its difficult no one around me really undertand my eating! i just dont want to gain it ALL back. I need the motivation!

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, and for being wise enough to take care of it so you can enjoy a long and healthy life.

I'll tell you what I've told my own daughter. The motivation has to come from in you. We can't give it to you, we can be here to cheer you on and prod you a bit, but you have to dig deep. You have to discover what it is you really want.

You know you've stopped following the rules, well, start again, and right now! Log every bite that goes in your mouth here on MFP. Get that protein back up to being your major intake. If you drink alcohol or other high calorie drinks, stop, until you get back to where you want to be and then, keep logging and make it fit in your goals if you want to go out with friends.

I'll bet if you really talk with your friends there, you will be surprised by the support you will receive. People are generally nice, and if they are your friends, they care about you and want you to be healthy and happy. If they don't, they should!

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you will get friend requests and I hope they can help you find your way back onto your feet. Just remember, do NOT give up. That is the only way you won't win in the game of losing.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR!!

:flowerforyou:
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 12/30/2013! Sending you a FR, too!!
  • Ambrocia707
    Ambrocia707 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @dwar59, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me, I do agree with you that the motivation has to come from me. I will not give up and being able to get ideas of what other people are eating I hope will bring back the excitement of eating healthy. I just got too comfortable and need to remember that I am not one of those people that can eat what ever they want, If I was I wouldn't have needed the sleeve in the first place. I will not give up! thank you again! :)
  • Ambrocia707
    Ambrocia707 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the friends requests they have warmed my heart! :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I let go of wheat, rice and potato. They are just too addictive for me. I make my own high protein low carb wraps. I am constantly looking for and testing low carb high protein recipes. I stick to my 3 meals and one snack because otherwise I will graze 2000 cals. I no longer medicate stress with food-ever. I know that I when I reach maintenance it will be continuous lifestyle process. One that I will likely not ever be able to quit- food has always been addictive for me. My diary is open, feel free to look, Good Luck!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i had the vsg on 8/22/12 starting weight 285lb as of today i am 170lbs, i am very proud but my lowest was 160lbs i have had a 10lbs regain and its bc i have stoped following the rules! i need all the help i can get, i am looking for friends its difficult no one around me really undertand my eating! i just dont want to gain it ALL back. I need the motivation!

What a great weight loss! You need to be proud of your accomplishmments so far and understand that life will not be a smooth progression. So you put back 15 - big deal! You know how to do this, juts get to it.

For motivation - put up one of your old pictures! You must look amazing now and will not want to go backwards. Sent you a friend request if you want some motivation.