Full Fat Dressing Recommendation

Options
Can anyone recommend a full fat dressing that they like? I'm going to the store today and I want to buy one that tastes good. TIA!

Replies

• Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming this is too late for today's shopping trip, but I love Marie's dressings. They are in my store's produce section and refrigerated. There is "less than 2% sugar" in each serving, so it's not the perfect dressing, but I am picky about salad dressings so I live with it. I'm currently addicted to the Marie's Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing.

One tablespoon (which is a serving for me, although the label is tied to a 2 tbsp serving) is 170 calories; 1g carb; 19g fat; 1g sugar.
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oops, just looked at what I wrote last night, the nutrition information I gave is for one serving, which is 2 tbsp. Never type (or do math) tired!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't go shopping, so I'll get it today.
  • donnaamarie
    Options
    I've found that the Italian Dressings with cheese in them, whatever kind, are usually around 2 carbs. They do great as marinades as well and taste good on most salads and with most meats. I find the creamier dressings tend to not go with all the foods I am eating. I also love the Marie's brands dressings.
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't buy any dressings apart from a no sugar mayo ( 2g of carbs / 100g) . For salads I use either olive oil + lemon+salt or I melt gorgonzola cheese with butter/cream OR I crumble feta cheese ( my fav option)
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't buy supermarket salad dressings. The source of most of the fat for these dressings is either soy oil or canola oil, both of which have unhealthy levels of Omega-6 fatty acids. I also have other objections to eating these oils. I feel terrible when I eat commercial salad dressings on a daily basis.

It's so easy to make your own salad dressings: blender mayo, vinaigrettes with different delicious vinegars that are available (champagne vinegar is my fav). Once you've got mayo, you can use it to make all kinds of yummy dressings.

If you'd like some good recipes, you only have to ask. :)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: tahini sauce is a great salad dressing, just thin it down with some water to your desired consistency. It is dead simple to make, it just requires tahini, lemon juice, and garlic, I think. But, I have seen commercially made tahini dressing that has good ingredients and low carb count - it's just very expensive.