February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Had some time today to get some more movin in. And yes, I did end up leaving through the back door at work so I could get most of the day off.:laugh: ( I don't think one day off a week is too much to ask anyway:huh: ) So I added another 6 miles today. :bigsmile: I'm finishing strong anyway. :happy:

February total 63 miles. So I've at least hit the halfway point for my original goal. :embarassed: BUT, I'm still moving so I have not failed. :happy:

And, Congratulations to Everyone who is near or at goal. And, if you are there, enjoy your Bonus miles. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    I had a great evening and crushed my goal tonight. First I had a spin class and got what it said was 9.3 miles in. I would've thought it would have been more, but it was only a 45-minute class and we started late. Then on the way home, realizing I still needed one more gym visit to get my 12 in for the month for the $20 reimbursement from my health insurance, I swung by the gym thinking I'd do a little lifting. But I felt so warmed up and strong from the spin class that the treadmill managed to suck me in and I decided to run instead. And not just an easy run. For some reason, my brain said to step on the gas and I held on as long as I could. :laugh: Then I walked out the last mile for a 3.1 mile treadmill workout and 12.4 miles total today -- putting me well past my goal. :smile:

Now I'm off to update the spreadsheet! :smile:

Dave
    rI85m6.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add another 2.93 miles for today...was nice to get out to snow shoe,,,until they broke.
    oh well back to climbing hills again tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    It was an interesting day. The school where I work had the fire alarm go off at 9 :20 this morning. Temperature was single digits with a windchill at zero. Stood outside leading warm ups and then jogged our entire student population to the middle school on our campus...all 700 plus elementary students. Then when our building was cleared, I stood outside crossing them back down the road to our building for another 20 minutes....no coats for any of us.

So I got 13 miles today with extra running.

TTD: 275.5 miles
    CLEPANT - Glad the alarm was not the real deal! But that's pretty awesome that you got to lead the entire school in an impromptu P.E. class! :bigsmile:

....and now entering the GOAL zone are.....RENLEY, LUCKYSUSAN, JENNWHITE34, TIMETOLOSEWEIGHTNOW and ME!! :bigsmile::drinker:

HKRISTINE1 - I sure hope that works for you! And I do know what you mean. :) I just did my second spin class ever tonight and as hard as I work and as much as I sweat, it feels SO good afterward. There's just something about working so hard to cleanse all the bad stuff out of a person. It also reminded me that perhaps I could stand to bump up my intensity in my other workouts. I think that had a lot do with why I decided to step on the gas on the treadmill afterward. :smile:

WHEREISMYCOFFEE - Glad to hear you'll be back! :)

TAXMOM9093 - Great job and yes, you are* finishing strong! :flowerforyou:

Dave
    ============================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

** NOTE NEW ADDRESS BELOW!**

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    ============================
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    27 Feb 6 miles
    28 Feb 4.3 miles

MTD 192.11 miles

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    In terms of mileage, February was a good month :happy:

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    1.93 this morning

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    Adding 22 miles for a total of 358 out of 350 miles. GOAL!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I'm going to try to add a few more this morning when I go XC skiing but we will see if the kids are still sick when I get home this morning. There is supposed to be a blizzard warning on today so the ski course should be empty. Just the way I like it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    2/27 - 2 miles walking
    Total to date: 112.5 of 106.75
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    exercise.png
  • naters_0823
    naters_0823 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    2/28-1.973 miles

Didn't make goal....:ohwell: Here's to next month

exercise.png
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    GOAL! Whew...just barely. :happy:

2/27 - 4.70
    2/28 - 2.00 (will do more today but wanted to record this in case I forget tonight)

exercise.png
  • Mermaid_Out_of_Water
    Options
    2/26 .95
    2/27 6.42

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like I will make goal this month :cry:
    But, I'm still moving!!! Hit the gym last night and did 20 miles

exercise.png
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    39 miles total for this month- ended up working for a week stripping 11 rooms of wallpaper, got some calorie burn in there.

With warmer weather coming and getting back down to Florida, hoping to get back up to 70 miles.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    And just barely made it.

exercise.png
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Squeaked this one in! Last miles completed on the exercise bike today! 9 miles for a total of 75.98

exercise.png
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    February Goal: 110 miles

Yesterday's run: 6.28 miles

February total: 113.62

2014 Goal on ticker

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    2 more last night puts me barely over, but I did make the goal. For some reason the ticker won't load properly on my post.

MTD 76.2 - Feb Goal 74

[link=http://lilyslim.com]Ovj2m5.png[/link]
This discussion has been closed.