February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge in our new GROUP setting....Rules are the same...see directions below:

The first MYAC thread was in November 2010 and has been going strong and growing more and more each month. It's hard to believe that we have been going strong for over 3 years now. That's pretty freaking awesome if I do say so myself.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies.

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Saturday, Feb 1st..
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL Miles moved each time you update.

Please remember DO NOT post any January miles here...Dave will update our January spreadsheet once everyone has reported in their January miles to the other thread - Please add only your February goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....Just set a distance goal and do the work...Sorry we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved on this challenge - ONLY distance....

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Once the thread hits 500 posts it will roll to a 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th part. Click the link on the last post that says <continue at this topic> to post your update.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Link to the google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmsRzs_p1FWddFpKdTUwZVR1VjNrRV9DLUxDUjhWR2c#gid=133

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Replies

• jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    In for 45 miles this month (5 more than last month!)

exercise.png
  • jakki1227
    jakki1227 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Going to try for 65 miles!
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    In for 55 miles of running this month. Did 87 last month but am switching off with some strength training days in Feb. as well.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    In for 150
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Going for 30. Busy month coming up.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    After failing in January to meet my goal, I'm still aiming for 200 miles in February!

Thanks Denise, Dinos & Dave for making this challenge the very Best on MFP :flowerforyou: !
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Still in and hoping to see better results this month.

GOAL MILES : 50

Thanks!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I failed big time in January in meeting my goal, I was no where near it so I am going to reduce my goal this month and will try my best to make it.

Thanks to all the mods for hosting this group, without all your hard work we would not be pushing ourselves!!

Please sign me up for 100 miles for February.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    .. in again! Sticking with 100 running miles again this month. Would like to think I would get some more in but due to family and work committments this coming month I will be doing well to hit the 100!

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    OK, our nice Pacific Northwest weather is getting ready to turn to crap, but I am in for 100 miles again. I hope I make it.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    My February goal is 725 miles.....:happy:

Good Luck Everyone...:smile:

A Very Special ...Thank You .... To all of those special members that work very hard to keep all the stats updated...

You are so appreciated...:happy:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I surprised myself by going out in the cold weather these past two months and going well past my current goal of 50 miles so, despite two less days in February, I'm going to aim for 60.

TL;DR 60 miles :bigsmile:
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ok setting it this month at 250
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Based on my performance the last several months, I'm gonna set my goal at 60 miles for February.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am in for 140miles..down from 150miles but my excuse will be there are less days in the month of February..

Thanks again to all the organizers and the spreadsheet gods..This group has been a wonderful tool in keeping me motivated and keeping my @ss moving!
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 75 miles in February.
    Because of the bad weather in January I missed some exercise classes and did extra biking at home and went over my goal. Maybe that won't happen in February, so I'm keeping my goal the same.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 55 miles.

I should be working more hours the next couple of months so will be doing more walking and less on the exercise bike.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I will go for 100 miles this month. Loving this group! :happy:
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I think i will lower my goal to 150 regardless of past performance.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 250 this month.

exercise.png

Ready for February!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.