Replies

• 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    exercise.png
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Going to keep my goal at 25 miles this month!

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Even though it's a shorter month I'm going to stick with my goal of 150 miles walking/running (Fitbit) in February. I was 20+ miles over in January so I shouldn't have any excuses in February with 3 fewer days.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I passed my 30 mile target for January (yay!) but when I upped it to 40 I didn't quite make it (boo). Still counting it as a win, though.

40 this month please!
    (mostly walking, some exercise bike)

4JV9.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm starting the month off with an FTP test. 15 miles out 350 to start out the month but more important, I upped my FTP by almost 10 watts. I know that to someone like DCMAT an FTP of 166 doesn't sound like much but I was pretty happy with that. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Off to a great start - 62 people signed up so far.

Don't be confused that you can see both the January and February sheets right now. There are tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet that let you choose which one you want to open. In a few days, when we have all the January miles posted, we will hide that tab.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 40 this month. Replacing some long walking days with Volleyball for a change
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I only managed half my goal last month so I am praying this month is better! I actually GAINED a little under 6 lbs last month and when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and saw how close I was to going UP to the next level (180s) when I was so close to going DOWN to the next level (160s) at the beginning of the month, I wanted to cry. I fully understand it is 100% MY FAULT. Time to get it in gear!

My goal for this month is 50 miles but I would like to do double that.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 90 this month.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    In an attempt to laugh in winter's face, I'm upping my count to 50 miles for February.

Even though there are fewer days this month, eventually the snow must start to melt and I'll be able to get outside and move my @ss!!!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Edited because I asked a question about tickers before reading the FAQs. Just dumb. Sorry.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    In for 80 miles, but I am trying for more.

Good luck everyone and I wish you all good health & good weather! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am in for 70 this month!
    Thank you all for maintaining the spreadsheet and inspiring the challenge.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Put me down for 150 miles please. I know we are a few days short this month so will really have to push it.

Do you need to know I use a fitbit to record the miles? I notice some people have fitbit in their stats.

Thank you to everyone concerned with this group who do all the hard work keeping things up to date.

So Dinos and/or I have been meaning to post a note about that.....to answer your question in short, no, that isn't quite what that means. It's merely to note the people that are in the "Fitbit Group" on www.fitbit.com and I would like to add that *anybody* here that has a Fitbit is welcome to join! :drinker:

However, my guess is that very few of us use our Fitbit as a means for either tracking mileage or using distance covered as miles toward this challenge. Some may, and that is fine if that's what you want to do....but me personally, I only count miles that I have deliberately moved as an exercise activity. Treadmill, outdoor walk or run session, doing more than 2 laps of my apartment building hallway, etc. Also for me, as OCD as I am, the distance tracked by the Fitbit isn't accurate enough. I probably don't have the correct stride length configured. All my mileage is recorded via GPS or odometer or comes directly from the display of the exercise equipment.

While it's good that I also get steps in other ways, I do not count the "miles" I walk from my bedroom to the bathroom or from the couch to the kitchen, or to or from my truck to my desk at work etc. Just my deliberate exercise...none of my daily "personal body transportation". :smile:

For me, this challenge is about getting my heartrate up and usually breaking a sweat. That said, I won't begrudge anyone using their Fitbit however they wish. Everyone knows themselves and what constitutes a physical, pesonal challenging effort to them.

Hope that answers your question!

Dave
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good grief ... you are all off to a strong start! ....
    Both the exercisers and our logging moderators! Just magic, thanks :smile: :flowerforyou:

5.28 miles for February so far.

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Despite a head cold, I got out for a 4 mile hike this morning. A good start for the month, I think.

02/01 - 4.2 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE 

View (but not edit) at this address: 

WWW.TINYURL.COM/MGTPPLU 

And we're off!!!!! Let the miles begin and may the odds always be in your favor! :bigsmile: WOOHOO!

Dave
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Starting the month with 5.25 miles on the in house bike.
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 miles in Feb -- I'll be traveling several days this month. That said, I did get a jump on things today 14 miles on the bike.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for keeping this running. I appreciate the extra work to keep this going. I will be heading for knee surgery in March and gone is my half marathon but I am going to keep pushing until I can't go any further. Put me in for 200 again. Cortisone works wonders.

TTD: 10 miles from 3 Mile Walk, 5 Miles on Eliptical and 2 Miles Running

TTD: 10 Miles

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.