February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    7 miles in today..combo of treadmill and outside..We have hit a little pocket of mild weather so I am taking advantage of it!
    TTD 7miles
  • Mbuhler
    Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day for a cross country ski which puts me on the board :)

Sat Feb 1 - 10.1km cross country skiing

exercise.png
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    3.1 miles walking outside. First time outside for a walk in four months! Was beautiful! Funny thing is it was completely cloudy before I went, and after I got back.

exercise.png
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 110 miles again this month. Thank you!!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Going to re-up to 400 goal this month.

Thanks to all working to keep this group up. You rock :flowerforyou:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 150 miles please. I know we are a few days short this month so will really have to push it.

Do you need to know I use a fitbit to record the miles? I notice some people have fitbit in their stats.

Thank you to everyone concerned with this group who do all the hard work keeping things up to date.

So Dinos and/or I have been meaning to post a note about that.....to answer your question in short, no, that isn't quite what that means. It's merely to note the people that are in the "Fitbit Group" on www.fitbit.com and I would like to add that *anybody* here that has a Fitbit is welcome to join! :drinker:

However, my guess is that very few of us use our Fitbit as a means for either tracking mileage or using distance covered as miles toward this challenge. Some may, and that is fine if that's what you want to do....but me personally, I only count miles that I have deliberately moved as an exercise activity. Treadmill, outdoor walk or run session, doing more than 2 laps of my apartment building hallway, etc. Also for me, as OCD as I am, the distance tracked by the Fitbit isn't accurate enough. I probably don't have the correct stride length configured. All my mileage is recorded via GPS or odometer or comes directly from the display of the exercise equipment.

While it's good that I also get steps in other ways, I do not count the "miles" I walk from my bedroom to the bathroom or from the couch to the kitchen, or to or from my truck to my desk at work etc. Just my deliberate exercise...none of my daily "personal body transportation". :smile:

For me, this challenge is about getting my heartrate up and usually breaking a sweat. That said, I won't begrudge anyone using their Fitbit however they wish. Everyone knows themselves and what constitutes a physical, pesonal challenging effort to them.

Hope that answers your question!

Dave

I agree totally, Dave. I use my Fitbit to count all my steps, aiming for 10K a day, but the miles I record here are only the ones specifically for the purpose of moving forward for health reasons. I walk a lot as a nurse, sometimes 3 miles in a shift, but only record the distance I do at work if I'm just walking laps in the halls because I have some down time.

That being said, I'm starting February with 4.35 miles - it was in the upper 50s so the snow melted and it was nice not to find the paths that were least likely to kill me with the ice.

exercise.png
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another month! My goal this month is 100. The shorter month and the fact that I'm hoping I will find a job thus cutting into my exercise time makes that seem like a reachable goal.

Today was circuits and yoga so I only walked 3.8 miles.

I do want to say how much I appreciate the work you guys put into tracking everything.

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 3.45 mile walk

exercise.png

Nice sunny day so I took a long walk
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    OK here starts February....on a good note. Took a really good bike ride, partly sunny and a good breeze. I love it when I can start the month on a good note.

02/01 - 14.0 miles biking

Total: 14.0 miles biking

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,211 Member
    Options

And we're off!!!!! Let the miles begin and may the odds always be in your favor! :bigsmile: WOOHOO!

Dave

You're killing me Dave. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dean
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Saturday 2/01

(Exercise bike. 26.58 miles & walk 1.5 miles)

**total 28.08 miles for today

***28.08 miles done and 696.92 miles to go... :happy:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Walked 4 miles exactly today. Not a bad start but not quite good enough.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 4.99 miles

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Ran 6 this morning!

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    90 mile goal for February

4.5 miles today

exercise.png
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thank you for continuing another month!

Put me down for 60 miles this month. Busy for me but have to have a goal!
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 miles!!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    125 miles for me this month..:happy:

exercise.png
  • mosommer
    mosommer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I will increase my goal by 5 pounds, for a total of 80.
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    2/2/14 2.28 running intervals treadmill

2.28 Miles Total for January

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.