Alternative weight loss methods

Options
sueset
sueset Posts: 12 Member
Hi all, I have been using a self-hypnosis app. for weight loss to keep me motivated. In fact I used it last night to help me stay motivated while visiting my sister's this weekend. I have found it to be very helpful so far. Has anyone tried other alternative methods such as acupunture, emotional freedom technique or anything else that they would like to share?

Replies

• powerofhope
    Options
    I've tried self hypnosis and mindful meditation techniques, but they don't seem to work for me. When I am really craving, my food addictio just really takes over.

They r definately worth trying, tho.
  • Marcia421
    Marcia421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried them for a while, I didn't really notice a difference. I think I am with Powerofhope, once the food addict kicks in nothing seems to help.
  • Veronikkka
    Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, yes I use self hypnosis and self psychotherapy.
    I loved my food very much. I used to feel always hungry and my stomach always demanded food. That's how I got 15 + kg in few years.
    Well I convinced myself that I am not hungry, that feeling a little hunger is good and healthy and I have to do it to make my body happy. I did it when I started to use this site.
    I tried to shift my perception of the food portion, calories counting etc from negative (like food deprivation, restriction) to positive ( achievement , refreshing, cleansing, lightening ). You need to find your own words which your mind will respond on and accept it.

I suffered 1 st week, and then became happier, and I keep telling it to myself . I still feeling a little hungry but I do not feel miserable and do not feel that I have been deprived from food as a punishment. It feels like achievement.
    Surprisingly now I manage to eat between 900. - 1250 kal a day, but I do not move much during the day. When I exercise, I eat more.

I have a little bit rebellious character, and as soon I have to restrict something, I defiantly would want it more and would miserable not to get it. So I always has to " negotiate" with myself. I would do it anyway, but after " negotiation" I feel happier and proud of what I done.

I hope it will help some body.
    Thanks
    V.