Day 12 done...

Options
Day 12 is done and dusted, I am really noticing an improvement in my fitness already. I am not saying that it was easy but I was able to do a few more V push ups and tricep dips as well.

Bring on day 13 then REST!!!!

Happy day 12 all xx

Replies

• mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Same here! Fitness levels are definitely getting better but lol it's still not making it any easier! I had to stop a few times in between exercises my body was not letting me today... I feel really good though that i stuck it out to the end- you get a real sense of achievement from doing this program

Good luck everybody!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes! Day 12 down!!!

I nailed the power jumps for the first time this morning... figured out how to get my knees up after jumping! I was doing it all wrong. I could still only do approx. half what they were doing, but I did it!

Much more energy in my workout this morning, but it took a minute to get into it... doing a squat challenge as well and my legs (and other) muscles are SORE and stiff!

Ya'll have a great weekend!!!
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Woooooo Day 12 done!!! Nice work everyone
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The Cardio and Resistance is my very favorite! I can already tell that I can do more pushups now than first time I did this.
    Yeah, can tell I'm getting better. Kind of disappointed that I'm not seeing in visible results, but very happy that I can feel myself getting better and stronger
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Did much better today on this one. For the most part I pushed pretty good. At home I have laminate wood flooring and my shoes slip on it when I'm doing the "planks" and running (which really means I can't do these because I have no grip), does anyone happen to have any suggestions for this? I'm thinking I might need to find something to clean the floors that somehow gives it more grip, or does anyone know about any mats I could buy? I have the workout mat that they use in the vidoes but it bunches up on me when I try to do these kind of moves. Thanks!
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Done! I'm getting better! This is actually my favorite workout of the month 1 workouts. Not excited for tomorrow!!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did much better today on this one. For the most part I pushed pretty good. At home I have laminate wood flooring and my shoes slip on it when I'm doing the "planks" and running (which really means I can't do these because I have no grip), does anyone happen to have any suggestions for this? I'm thinking I might need to find something to clean the floors that somehow gives it more grip, or does anyone know about any mats I could buy? I have the workout mat that they use in the vidoes but it bunches up on me when I try to do these kind of moves. Thanks!
    Did your insanity package not come with that thick, thick yoga mat? If not maybe just get a regular one and lay it down in front of your workout area to use when needed
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing it's getting a little easier (but not easy!) every day. I love the V push ups, and I was able to do a total of 16 power jumps... I'm not sure how many they do on the dvd, but 16 is a personal best for me, so yay! Today's workout is my favorite of month 1 along with the Plyo workout. Like lauraashley, I'm not excited for tomorrow... Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs was my least favorite workout day when I tried Insanity back in November. Maybe I'll like it better this time around. :tongue:

Good work everyone, keep at it!
  • MizMouRin
    Options
    Yes! Day 12 down!!!

I nailed the power jumps for the first time this morning... figured out how to get my knees up after jumping! I was doing it all wrong. I could still only do approx. half what they were doing, but I did it!

Much more energy in my workout this morning, but it took a minute to get into it... doing a squat challenge as well and my legs (and other) muscles are SORE and stiff!

I am soo with you on those Power Jumps. Today, for the first time, I was actually able to do them the RIGHT WAY! SO Excited! I couldn't keep up with the others, but I felt good about the ones I did get in :)

I was a day behind, but I'm back on track. Did a double this morning, today's Cardio Power & yesterdays Recovery. Feeling good & glad to hear everybody else's Insanity confidence building up!

*Honastly, I probably wouldn't have motivated myself to catch up on the videos to stay on track if I WASNT in this group. So.. THANKS EVERYBODY! JUST FOR BEING HERE :)
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes! Day 12 down!!!

I am soo with you on those Power Jumps. Today, for the first time, I was actually able to do them the RIGHT WAY! SO Excited! I couldn't keep up with the others, but I felt good about the ones I did get in :)

I was a day behind, but I'm back on track. Did a double this morning, today's Cardio Power & yesterdays Recovery. Feeling good & glad to hear everybody else's Insanity confidence building up!

*Honastly, I probably wouldn't have motivated myself to catch up on the videos to stay on track if I WASNT in this group. So.. THANKS EVERYBODY! JUST FOR BEING HERE :)

Yeah, I'm a day behind as well so no rest for me on Sunday. @-@ But I really want to do this and needing to post everyday that I did it definatly helps with accountability.
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options

You could also go out and get one of those wide area rugs that are used in professional office building entry ways that are rubber on the bottom, carpet on the top. That way, you could always use it while working out and wont run the risk of a slip injury.
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    I totally killed it today!!!!!!! I hate this workout, but Shaun T ain't got nothin' on me!! You guys...non-quantified victory and advancement: At the very end, for the 8 Hop Squats/8 Push Ups, I went through, pushed through, felt the burn, and did all 32 Hop Squats and all 32 Pushups IN THAT MINUTE! It was brutal....yes it was. but I know you guys can get better each day.

Tomorrow, I am doubling up with pure cardio/cardio abs and doing plyometrics in the morning (from week 1).

One more workout before the next fit test. GO GET IT!