Fit Bit?

Options
2»

Replies

• countryplacerv
    Options
    I had a clip on fitbit last year it worked great until the holder broke and then I had to put it in my pocket. Forgot to get it out and washed the pants. It was history. I loved the reports that it gave and it was pretty accurate. Thought I would get another one so went to Target and bought the wrist band one. I just synced the thing and started wearing it. Not to happy with it. the wrist bad is really hard to close and it does not show you the steps you have taken. I paid 99.00 plus tax for it. I think I will take it back and get the clip on for 59.00.
  • baggleflap
    baggleflap Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got the Fit Bit Zip. I just attach it to my pocket everyday. I must say I haven't done much exercise lately due to the cold, but I like that I can keep track of my steps and hopefully increase them day by day. Didn't see any need for one that analyzed my sleep patterns. I usually sleep just fine.
  • aqwas
    aqwas Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on day 3 of my fitbit flex. Love it so far. I am already addicted to my smartphone (Galaxy Note 3) so it's great to be doing this instead of a game or shopping! I had 3 clip on fitbits that were washed or lost so this is the solution for me. it looks fine in a professional environment and it's waterproof! That's huge because I am a paddler.
  • lferron
    lferron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently sold my Striiv and chose the FitBit One over the FitBit Flex or Force. Having had the Nike FuelBand in the past, I found that having a pedometer on my wrist wasn't as accurate as I'd like. The clip is unobtrusive and sturdy. My favorite part is the silent alarm. I do a 5am bootcamp 4x a week and my husband was not jazzed about the alarm going off at 4:15 most mornings. Now he sleeps in and I am awake :)

edited to ask: How did you guys get the MyFitnessPal banners for your posts?
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a ZIP and love it.
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex (wrist) and I like it very much. It seems very difficult for me to get the 10,000 steps in daily, however!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have been using Fitbit One for 2 months. I am amazed at how it has helped get me more active. I wore it for a couple of days just to see what I was normally doing. I am retired and have downsized my home. I was averaging about 2000 steps a day. Two months later I am not happy unless I hit 10K and this past Sunday I hit 20K.
    I also like the silent alarm feature and the sleep monitoring feature.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've used my Fitbit Flex for about 3 weeks. I like the calories burned, steps, and sleep report. If you synch it to MFP,they recommend that you log food on MFP, as well as exercise that doesn't involve steps (spin, swimming, elliptical). Log steps on Fitbit. I didn't like the synch functionality so I've kept them separate . That means I log my exercise on both. Not ideal but. I Can live with it.
  • C1131
    C1131 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been using a FitBit for over a year. Wore out an Ultra and now have a One. I'm not enough of an exhibitionist to want to wear my pedometer on my wrist... and with the new recall of the Flex I'm happy I went with the One. It has been great to encourage movement.

I bought my first Fitbit after tearing my meniscus which forced me to stop jogging and prevented even much walking for most of 8 months. I now have several friends locally and on Fitbit. There is good competition to be the one with the most steps per week. It gets me on the treadmill at times I definitely would have opted for the couch.

Also, I really like the sleep tracking. Imperfect as it is, I still find it realistically represents good and bad nights if not actual sleep. I used this a year ago to make a case to my Dr that we had to find a way to get me to sleep better. Menopause and hormone fluctuations make sleeping a real challenge sometimes and having the evidence (as printed out sleep graphs) was helpful in getting HRT in order to reliably get sleep. To back that up, I had a few graphs from nights I put it on my husband. Me: waking 20+ times per night. Him: waking 0 - 2 times per night.

Note that I do not find that the calorie burn estimates are remotely correct for me. I don't pay any attention to those numbers!
  • sue9900
    sue9900 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm just getting back to recording my food and exercise and gee....lost several more pounds. I guess I've learned my lesson about how tracking really does help.

I got the Fitbit Force for Christmas and loved it except it wouldn't stay on. I had to use black electric tape on the band which was not convenient or attractive. I wore it that way until this week though when I switched over to the Garmin version. It has the same type of band but made out of different material and hasn't fallen off. There are pro's and cons. The Fitbit has a light to see numbers in the dark and vibrates when you hit your goal. The battery has to be charged about once a week. The Garmin tracks everything the Fitbit did plus has a heartrate monitor. You can set a goal and it shows up red if you haven't moved in 30 minutes. The battery lasts a year and it's waterproof so you can shower with it. I have definately increased my activity since becoming a pedometer owner. I haven't missed 10,000 steps in many days....today I was able to track my heartrate and completed my workout in my fatburning zone so hopefully exercise will have a greater impact than before my Garmin. Fitbit has a voluntary recall so I'm going to send mine back and get my $.

Hope to get to know some of you on our weight loss journey.
  • MargieBettschen
    MargieBettschen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got one as a Christmas gift. Mine is the fit bit flex. I do love that it vibrates when I reach my 10,000 steps. I also like the silent alarm feature too. It's a fun gadget but I don't find it motivating or super useful. Since I received it as a gift I like it, but had I paid for it I may feel disappointed.
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has the Flex and absolutely loves it. I wanted the Force because it includes a watch and that way I would only have to wear one thing. But, the Force has been recalled so I'm waiting on the new one to be released. As far as I know the watch feature is the only difference. I'm not familiar with a lot of the specifics or other types. If any of you can provide some info on other devices that will track activity (more than just count steps), is waterproof and will sync to My Fitness Pal let me know.
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    edited to ask: How did you guys get the MyFitnessPal banners for your posts?

Go to Apps at the top of the page and click on Ticker.
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit Flex - worn on the wrist - for a couple of months. It is motivating to have something that measures steps and to challenge yourself. Adding steps adds calories for daily calorie goal if you are synced with MFP. If you eat your exercise calories (net), then it is great. If you are sticking with certain daily calories as per doctors orders, then having it change your daily calories available is not helpful. It does track sleep, but while it shows I'm not sleeping well, it doesn't help fix it, so not sure how useful the info is. For me the best benefit is being able to challenge myself with steps, and I could do that with a cheap pedometer.
  • Bulbmore4
    Bulbmore4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    check out garmin as can do more things and links with computer. don't know a thing about fit bit other than see people wearing them and heard they also track sleep cycle or habits
  • Florence1221
    Options
    Hi,
    Just joined the group today. I have a flex which I wear on my left wrist (non-dominant hand). I got it on eBay for $85, brand new, a few weeks ago. I love it. It keeps me going. I can check my progress throughout the day just by tapping it. The more lights the more steps I have taken. The goal is 10,000 steps a day and I have not made it yet, but I am getting closer.

I only have to charge it once a week, but I usually sync it morning and evening. I am tracking my sleep as well as I recently started using a CPAP machine at night for sleep apnea. I plan on giving the results to my doctor when I go back in a few months.

It is easy to sync and can be used with My Fitness Pal. I use My Fitness Pal as a food and water diary so it makes a perfect match.

Good luck!

Florence