Diet suggestions

Options
dani_ban
dani_ban Posts: 243 Member
It's shocking how fast calories add up!

What's a good breakfast? I was thinking high protein low calories- maybe a protein bar. Not really a morning person so no cooking happening, but maybe every once in a while I can cook an egg.

Lunch I was thinking peanut butter sandwich and chip/crackers? I love me some chips.

It's hard in the beginning.

Replies

• cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person.. It's very rare I'll actually eat breakfast! But protein and fiber keep you fuller a little bit longer! And of course protein is good for those muscles!

My favorites:
    -Special K bar.. they make chewy protein bars, but I usually just grab a 90 cal one, the raspberry cheesecake one is my favorite!
    -Wheat toast with PB
    -Multi grain waffle, plan or with PB
    -Protein shake or bar
    I have a glass of milk every morning no matter what I'm stuffing in my face as well.

If I'm feelin' fancy/have some time to cook...
    3 egg whites, piece of wheat toast, turkey sausage and OJ or milk
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lunch I usually do Lean Cuisines.. I try to get ones low in sugar and sodium.
    If I'm not popping one of them in the microwave..

-Tuna with a tbsp lite mayo and plain baked chips, sometimes I make it a tuna sandwich but I usually just eat it out of the bowl
    -Turkey on wheat, cheese if I feel like it, pickles and either pretzels or baked chips
    -Grilled chicken salad

I have salad with whatever I'm having too... Unless of course my lunch IS a salad hehe
  • Emedina1987
    Options
    What has always worked for me in dieting is if I am going to eat anything high in calories I try to do that before 11:00. So breakfast would be the best time to eat carbs and then try to keep lean meats, veggies, and some fruit (not a lot of fruit Because of sugar) as your snacks and meals the rest of your day. Keeping sugars, carbs, and calories earlier in your day gives your body more time to burn it off. I also try not to snack after dinner.
  • ebrady913
    ebrady913 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge breakfast eater. Depending on LO's mood, I grab a bagel or cereal (I eat cereal dry even cheerios...), if he's content I'll make a waffle and breakfast sausage- applegate farms make frozen ones that you just microwave and they are delicious (I don't eat beef or pork but they have chicken varieties too). I always have some sort of fruit and coffee. I used to drink milk but LO has been super gassy so I've switched to Lactaid and have either a glass of OJ or Kefir depending on my mood.

Lunch is a bit more challenging with LO and I have experimented with making it the night before or in the am if he's content. I'm a SAHM so I am trying to figure out a good way to make sure I'm getting things done and eat healthy. I do sandwiches (grilled cheese, peanut butter, cold cuts), soups (we froze a bunch of soups and chili before LO was born), or "Lunchables" (crackers, cheese, cold cuts). I then have a fruit, a veggie, and something crunchy. Sometimes I'll do a hummus and veggie plate with crackers or pita. I try to change it up as much as possible but not have things that DH might want to do for dinner because I'm not good at eating things more than once per day.

I snack tons so I try to make my meals bigger and eat them slowly... LO has helped with that but bf makes me soooo hungry. I made a bunch of fruit smoothie bags (just throw them in a blender and add liquid) for the freezer and they work well as a mid morning snack. I use frozen fruit, spinach, oats, and 1/2 a banana. I sometimes sprinkle in flaxseed meal, depending on how my milk supply is...

My other go to snack is trail mix- cheerios, raisins or other dried fruit, nuts, and then I'll add M&M's cuz they're yummy. I have also added goldfish, pretzels, and my current favorite- yogurt raisins! It's relatively healthy and super easy to eat with one hand which is all I ever have!
  • SHenn84
    SHenn84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could try a whole grain waffle, English muffin or toast and fruit for breakfast.
    I usually have oatmeal with milk instead of water (I think it tastes a lot better) and a piece of fruit. For lunch I usually have a chobani yogurt and a piece of fruit, or I will make whole wheat pasta with spinach, chicken, and a little bit of cheese. dinner I usually try for a big side of veggies and fish or another kind of meat.
    I've been aiming for 1400 calories/day.