pelvic rest..so now what

Options
shreddin_mama
shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
I've been put on pelvic rest. Doctor said i can still ride my stationary bike for short periods of time and walk. Weather has been horrible and i haven't been able to walk. I'm so sick of my bike any suggestions

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would buy some yoga or pilates dvd's and try those, or download them if you have a smart tv. Those should be fine to do while on pelvic rest.

When I was put on it with my daughter, it just meant no sex or heavy lifting. Light exercise was fine. Do you have placenta previa? That's what I had....
  • lyndsay321
    lyndsay321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was on the same thing in early pregnancy (12 weeks) d/t bleeding, at that time I was told aquafit was safe. And now doing prenatal yoga which is gentle.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yes i do have placenta previa-marginal. I won't have another ultrasound until the end of March so hopefully the placenta moves by then. I will do yoga that's what i was doing before but kinda got scared when i was told the news.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Good luck with your pelvis, once you've tried your yoga again could you post some recommendations up for workouts / positions etc?
    I'm getting pelvis pain too and would really appreciate the guidance ,

Thank you x