February Challenge - What would you like to see?

Options
GdeVries
GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
February is just around the corner…. Time for a challenge! We’ve thrown around a few ideas eg 50 miles in the month of February , or so many minutes of exercise in February.

** What kind of challenge would you like to see? ** What would motivate you to really get moving this month and work toward your goals?

Looking forward to all the responses!

Replies

• HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Come on boys and girls! We are here for you! This is your group . Tell us how we can make getting fit fun!
  • melbishopok
    melbishopok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How about a squat challenge? or lunges? I hate those but a challenge could get me motivated to do some! Maybe so many per day/week? Just a thought! Lunges - oh the pain but so much to gain lol
  • HauteHauteMami
    Options
    That's a good idea! Any others?
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in...this gives me motivation and a reason to begin exercising! I am not in top shape, been over a year since I did squats.thanks for the idea!
  • wonkosane
    wonkosane Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Pounds of chocolate cake consumed?

Hours of television watched? (Watching the olympics is EXACTLY like exercising)

Quarts of beer quaffed? (double word score for 2 q's in same goal)
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I could go with squats and lunges for sure, let's do it!!????????
  • HauteHauteMami
    Options
    So squats it is for February! Starting tomorrow post your goal and lets try to check-in every Friday to see how we are doing! Its kick winter in the *kitten* in February!!!
  • whitemagnolia1
    Options
    I will set a weekly goal of 200. I've never counted how many i did before. I may need to adjust this number if it is too little or too much. This week will be the one to make time for it. Some ideas of when to do it. .. while heating up food in microwave, while watching tv, while food is warming on stove, during breaks or lunchtime at work, etc. O my thighs r going to burn!
  • GdeVries
    Options
    http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/training/workout-tips-advice/1000-push-ups-in-28-days/

Came across the article online about 1000 push-ups on 28 days, but it would definitely work for lunges as well. That works out to 38 a day. That seems doable, certainly if split up during the day.

I'm gonna go for 'boy' push ups - 1000 by the end of the month!

exercise.png
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will do the 1000 push-ups by the end of the month also. I will try for boy but they are hard for me. I may be doing girl but I will definitely do either one.
  • laurasaintlouis
    Options
    I found a 30 day push-up challenge and I am going to do that instead. That will be more attainable for me.
  • GdeVries
    Options
    Well it's Friday where I am, which means it's time to log my progress. I've done 119 push ups and 119 sit ups . No where near where I had hoped to be by now. Kinda of feeling like I've been pummeled by Mike Tyson about the shoulders. The sit ups are no problem, but man those push ups are making me so sore.

No worries though, I'm just using muscles that I apparently don't use very much. And as they adjust this will get easier. Still going to aim for a 1000 by February 28th....

How are all of you doing?
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

Pounds of chocolate cake consumed?

Hours of television watched? (Watching the olympics is EXACTLY like exercising)

Quarts of beer quaffed? (double word score for 2 q's in same goal)

I like you!
  • whitemagnolia1
    Options
    I did not meet my goal of 200 per week. I will do more this week. I did 115. I also cleaned my future exercise area and bought some resistance bands and a balance ball. Still motivated too get started!
  • GdeVries
    Options
    I did not meet my goal of 200 per week. I will do more this week. I did 115. I also cleaned my future exercise area and bought some resistance bands and a balance ball. Still motivated too get started!

I didn't come close to my goal either. But after the first week I'm not so soar and am going to try to up the amount of reps per day and try to get to 1000 by the end of the month. I just keep trying to visualize the muscles I'm creating! Baby steps will get you there, too! :)
  • whitemagnolia1
    Options
    I began my exercise routine this week. Did abs and glutes. Included 48 squats and 32 lunges. Also arms and shoulders did squats instead of sitting for 3 exercises. Did 4 sets of those. So 12 squats. Total 60 squats. Seemed like allot more. Anyway it kept me motivated. Thanks!
  • whitemagnolia1
    Options
    Did the same exercise routine. Plus added squats through out the weekend. Will decrease my goal to 100 a week. More attainable right now. When do cardio and step will increase. Great job top those who keep up with it! A little at a time ads up.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My motivation for March/April is to pay special attention to the biceps and triceps so that I'm sleeveless top worthy when the warm weather hits. No easy task for my 51 year old arms. How about a tricep dip challenge?
  • whitemagnolia1
    Options
    Didn't as many squats this week. Only did about 24. Started running exercise program hoping to lose more by adding cardio.
  • laurasaintlouis
    Options
    I had stopped doing the push-up challenge about the 19th day. I am still going to do it eventhough the challenge is over. I have done other things to work-out but could never fit it in. I have lost 2lbs. this week and 12 lbs. so far.