March Shreders Introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• kjoyp
    kjoyp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing! I've been using My Fitness Pal on and off for a while but today was the first that I decided to check out the message boards and also the first day I did my 30 day shred DVD. A little bit about me, I'm a 30 something mother of two little ones. Planning to do the 30 shred in combination with spin/sculpt class at the gym.
  • Finayoung
    Finayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YES THE WAY I AM HOPING THIS WILL WORK IS:

START OF LEVEL ONE: CHECK IN AND TELL US HOW YOUR ANXIOUS BUT READY TO BEGIN!
    (GET MOTIVATION FROM THE THOSE WHO ARE IN IT)

5 DAYS INTO LEVEL TWO (CHECK IN WITH WHERE YOU'RE AT)

THE START OF LEVEL 2

5 DAYS INTO LEVEL 2

START OF LEVEL 3

5 DAYS INTO LEVEL 3

AND THEN THE BIG THIRTY! (YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER SHOT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!)

I ALSO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF WE DID PICS BEFORES AND AFTERS
    ILL BE SURE TO POST MINE FIRST SO LOOK OUT FOR A NEW TOPIC WHERE YOU CAN ADD THAT!
  • bridgett4321
    bridgett4321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Bridgett! Been doing shred for a week now and already feel a difference. I'm committed to getting this weight off! I am
    so glad I found this group! Let's do this!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!:smile:
  • 4wheelinchick
    4wheelinchick Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Howdy, everyone!! My name is Crystal and I am a 31 year old Momma of an amazing little boy. :bigsmile: I live in Tennessee, USA and I work 2nd shift so my posts will sometimes be the day after. I am swithching to 3rd shift next week and trying to train my sleeping scheduale. I am now about to lay down. Lol. Me and my weird shifts!!!

I have lost about 23lbs since starting my weight loss journey in Oct. I am still severely obese, so I will probably just be doing Level 1 of the Shred all month. That will be a huge accomplish for me. The longest I have stuck with the Shred before this challenge is a week. I still weigh about 235 and my first major goal is to get into ONEderland. :tongue:

I love the idea of posting pics, before and after. That'll help keep me accountable.

Thank you for starting this group, Fina!! So excited to get started!!! :bigsmile:
    7069177.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dragonflym
    dragonflym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Emily. I am really hoping this group will help keep me motivated.

I currently weigh 176 pounds
    My goal weight is 125 pounds (may change as I get closer)

Starting today
  • nbrownmc
    nbrownmc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm Nicole from Ontario, Canada and I just turned 23 last month.

I'm 5'3"
    My starting weight was 228 pounds back in September of 2013
    Current weight is 178 pounds
    Ultimate goal is to be 125-130 pounds by August 2014
    My short term goal is to get down to 169 pounds, so I will have a BMI under 30 :)

Waist 37"
    Hips 43.5"
    Left Thigh 27.5
    Right Thigh 27.5

Can't wait to get started and see these numbers go down! Good luck everyone!! :)
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting the 30 DS today.

I'm Paula, and I'm 25 years old.

I want to lose between 20-30 lbs.
    Starting weight as of now is 160.

in 2012 I trained for and completed a half marathon. I was in the best shape of my life, and a size 2. I could wear short shorts, it was such a great year. At my thinnest I weighed between 130-135 lbs. I was mostly muscle.

I injured my foot and completely fell out of fitness. Even after being healed I just couldn't get back into it. I put on a good amount of weight (30 lbs :( ) and now wear a size 6.

I'm not big by any means. But I miss having all that energy and feeling great!

I tried the ripped in 30 but didn't lose a single pound after 3 weeks of it and gave up. My clothes were still just as tight.

So today, I start the 30DS! I'm going to try and alternate the video with cardio and stretching days. 1-2 days of rest TOPS.

WOO! Let's do this and cross our fingers! I really want to run again- but I wanna run outside and I live in Michigan.. so let's just say it's been in the negative degrees for going on 3 months now >.< hopefully 30 days from now it'll be above 30 degrees..
  • BeautifulBraveBlessed
    Options
    Hi ladies! Today I started Day 1 Level 1 of 30DS. I've seen nothing but good things with this program. I have about 20-30lbs to lose and I'm hoping this will give me a good jumpstart. I've attempted to lose this weight a few times but continue to lose motivation. How do you guys stay motivated? Hopefully this time I'll stick with it : )

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 195
    CW: 186
    GW: 160 (may change as I get closer)
  • Wahlrac
    Wahlrac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello All;
    I am 37, married with two children and have about 12-15 more pounds to lose. I am a runner and training for my fourth half marathon at the end of May, as a result I am running about 5 times a week as well as the 30DS. I recently found out I have food sensitivites and once I dialed that in, I lost 8 lbs. I started week 1 today so lets see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!!
  • Finayoung
    Options
    BUMP

EVERYONE:

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT ALL THE TOPICS WITHIN OUR GROUP. THEY ARE LISTED IN THE TOPICS SECTION. AND FEEL FREE TO ADD A TOPIC OF YOUR OWN AS WELL WITH ANY QUESTIONS, THOUGHTS ETC AND WE WILL CHIME IN (=
  • gonegirl3
    gonegirl3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone..I am now 3 weeks into myfitnesspal.com. Want to loose apprx 40lbs. I started 30 day shred this morning, despite my dvd freezing up on me, I managed to get it going again and finished my first day! Needing lots of motivation, so I thank everyone for this group!!!

Ht 5' 4"
    SW 184
    CW 172
    Goal 145 (may change)
  • me11yc
    me11yc Posts: 8
    Options
    You can all add me as a friend. Great to have other people starting the 30-Day shred at the same time.... keeps me motivated :-)

Today was my 2nd day and I haven't been that sore in a while. Mainly my upper thighs and arms. I used 3 lbs weights and found during the workout that I had the most trouble with upper strength. Hopefully I won't be as sore tomorrow :-)
  • ss456
    ss456 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Sangeetha and I've done the 30 DS before. But, I've never stuck with it for more than 5 days. I'm really hoping I can find the motivation (from myself and from all of you) to complete it this time around. I love Jillian's workouts. I think she delivers results. I have about 50 pounds to lose and I've heard that the 30 DS doesn't quite reflect on the scales as it does with inches. I just want to be strong and fit, so it doesn't matter either way. I'm also thinking of doing the Ripped in 30 simultaneously but I wonder if that's a good thing. I suppose I'll know tomorrow morning if I can still walk! :wink:

I wish you all the best of luck & I hope we can see some excellent results here.
  • MiJoa
    MiJoa Posts: 3
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 DONE - and I feel great!!!! In the middle of it I was about to give up - but wow she is motivating!! It is like she is reading my mind ;-) For me it is a motivater to see how much time is left of the program then I can always say to myself - 5 more minutes come on!!!!

Hope you guys are doing great..

Cant wait to post my before and after shot in 29 days :-)
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Hayat and I'm a mum of four and currently very busy with my studies but I also need to keep an eye on my health. I've done 30DS twice before but it was some time ago and I did get great results from it. I lost lots of inches all over and the dress size loss was impressive! The scale didn't move much though and that is something to remember about 30DS. I'm sure JM will kick my *kitten* again just like the first and second time I did this programme! I can't wait to join everyone. :)
  • phaedrab
    phaedrab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Phaedra and I just finished Level 1 Day 1 (I can barely lift my arms). I have problems with follow through, and even though I've been working out consistently since the new year, I've never stuck with any of my multitude of DVD programs for longer than a few days. I'm serious about changing that this time, so here goes!

I'm down 16lbs already, I have 59 more to go. It seems like an impossible goal, so I'm focusing on what I've already lost!

I get bored easily, so I have Jillian's Ripped in 30 on standby, along with the good ole' elliptical. Good luck everyone!
  • Finayoung
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Don't forget your 5 day check ins!!
  • Butterfly_1
    Butterfly_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

My name is Mary. I'm 32 - mom of 2 - currently weigh 132lbs - looking to lose 20lbs - 30lbs.
    Today is L1D2 for me.