• fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Is there a team on this board?
  • mrspeterson
    mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Is. There. A. Team.

Why yes! Glad you asked! We are "MFP Friends" on the concept2 site. Please join us! We are a friendly and encouraging bunch.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    Awesome! I will track you down there. This will be fun :glasses:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    In for the Mud Season Madness also, if the team enters the World Erg Challenge 15 March to 15 April we can count the second half of March Mud metres twice, once for each event!

I like that idea!
    Mud Season....that's right!! Forgot what it was called. I'm going to take a shot at the 5000m for 25 days....see how I do. May email you mid-month when I can't motivate myself anymore!

Feel free!
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    I can't find the "join team" link...I'm went to online logbook, then teams, then join a team "world erg challenge"...aaaaaaand now confusion sets in.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I can't find the "join team" link...I'm went to online logbook, then teams, then join a team "world erg challenge"...aaaaaaand now confusion sets in.

You won't be able to join the team till nearer the day or even on the day when the team registers for the event.
  • lucan07
    Options

You should be able to join now I just registered for the event.

Logbook Rankings History Challenges Ranked Workouts Profile Teams Logout

Then join MFPfriends

Hope that helps.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    I will join the team then!

Meanwhile giving everyone the 'thumbs up' for mud season, logged 10,000 m this morning although won't maintain that for the 25 days--more likely I'll stick to the 5000m.

Ack...that's a lot of rowing....My inner voice says....
  • BrianSharpe
    Options

Meanwhile giving everyone the 'thumbs up' for mud season, logged 10,000 m this morning although won't maintain that for the 25 days--more likely I'll stick to the 5000m.

I think I'm going to shoot for the 10K version.......
  • lucan07
    Options

I think I'm going to shoot for the 10K version.......

I'm shooting for the 10k for the mud season too.............
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    You both are awesome!! Keep me posted on your progress... I'm so impressed :flowerforyou:
  • robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the MFP team please. I went to the teams page but MFP is not listed as a team registered to take part in the world erg challenge - has the team been registered, or am I doing something wrong?

Also doing Mud Season Madness 10K, at least starting it anyway.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    I'd like to join the MFP team please. I went to the teams page but MFP is not listed as a team registered to take part in the world erg challenge - has the team been registered, or am I doing something wrong?

I just checked the C2 page, the team hasn't been registered for the World Erg Challenge yet (that may be something that the team captain (Michelle - m1311 here) look after?)

How's Mud Season Madness going so far? (My ranking ID is 872211 in case anyone wants to add me as a training partner.....)
  • fitandfortyish
    Options

Wow!! I'm the underachiever of the group :sad:

Kidding!!

We need to rally all of the rowers on this site.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    I added you as my training partner....I'm #965026
  • robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3rd day of 10K. all ok so far....

Just added both of you as training partners, my id is 991718.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    Excellent! Now I'll have to commit to this thing....this madness of mud
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    I'm ID #: 950003 and I'm down for 5k a day. I'm just going to go ahead and do it everyday because the last week is my kid's spring break and I don't know how much I can do then. I am doing it first thing in the am, "before my brain knows what I'm doing."
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    So I'm not used to rowing every day--tend to do two days, then take a day off and do some weight training, then row two days etc...

Day four and I'm looking at my Concept 2 with skepticism.

Thinking I'll take every friday off -- substituting my erg-ing with drinking.
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    That's hilarious, because every time I go to the basement, I feel like my C2 is looking at ME with skepticism. ;-)

Jeff (he's around here someplace) recommended an ebook a while ago that I found helpful, which makes a convincing argument for rowing daily: http://www.amazon.com/Daily-Breathe-Deeper-Live-Better/dp/0595434371

His argument is moderate exercise, every day, is better healthwise and sustainability-wise in the long run for most non-competitive athletes. Then of course there are folks who think all you need is 15 minutes of insanse crazy heavywork once a week for maximum benefits.

My main goal is to stay uninjured and lose weight, so moderate everyday exercise seems to work best for me, but we're all different!