3-2-14

Options
daily thread

Replies

• gretagirl2013
    Options
    Week 3, Day 1, DONE! Again, I so didn't want to do it, but feel great now. Truth be told, I didn't love the three minute intervals, but I could do them. I am somewhat discouraged by the fact that my mileage dropped by about 1/3 of a mile today . . . partly due to the fact that my "run" was 28 min rather than 30-31, and partly due to dropped pace. I know I shouldn't notice or care, but since the darn app tells me and I was running longer intervals, I was nonetheless disappointed!!
  • curlydiamond
    Options
    W5d2 done - cannot believe I could do it without being about to die! the run segments did feel long but the last 4 weeks have taught me to pace myself so I just kept it slow and steady (7.5k/h) and managed without having to stop. Am glad it didn't feel like an impossible challenge though, I've somehow got to find a way to get through w5d3 on Tuesday and whilst I'm pleased I can run for 8 minute stretches I must admit the 20 min run is a little daunting...
  • tracywintn
    Options
    great job everyone for sticking in there. I have not given up, I am just way sick and my body hurts to get out of bed, so I will not be doing any running till I feel better. Good luck!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    done week 3 day 3 again, didn't do as well as pb we achieved on Friday, but it was chucking it down and we were getting soaked, you would think this would make us run faster but had the opposite effect. Can definitely see a big difference in my endurance from the beginning of the week. those 3 minutes were a killer on Monday but definitely not too bad today. Will be a cinch come end of this week for having to repeat it for my sis.
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Good job everyone! Hope you feel better soon, Tracy!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Just did W5 D2 and stupid me just assumed it was the same deal as W5 D1 that I did on Friday. NOT:grumble:

First mistake was not paying attention to what the intervals were (D1 was 5 and 3 min x2).
    Second mistake was not turning RunKeeper on (had remembered to hit start on my Polar HRM, got MFP running, got C25K Free going) and started off...in midst of 5 min warm up I remember about RunKeeper. I quickly get it going. (so I thought but after 5 min it tells me 5 min, 0 miles, 0 pace & does same at the 10 min mark, arggh):noway:

Then I'm like shoot, if RunKeepers gone wonky, perhaps that;s why I feel I've been running for WAY over 5 min, mebbe I lost connection....LOL:sad:
    NOooooooooooo, W5 D2 was run 8 min (or forgot the %age of the mile). Am never going to NOT pay attention to what the day's intervals are.

Did ok but entire stats for my walk are of course incorrect. (I do the c25k, then continue walking for usually an hour) Thankfully the C25K program posts it's own stats here, lol
    Oh, then to add wardrobe malfunction to user error & equipment failure, during first run (that LONG one), noticed my laces were untied.

I survived but going to do things a LOT differently on Tuesday. Hope everyone else had a better day than I did :ohwell:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Non-running day for me today, but looking forward to tomorrow.
  • messyjessi730
    Options
    I started today and skipped right to week 4, because I have been running off and on for about a month and I feel the need to challenge myself more. Not sure if that was a good idea cause i see that by the end of week 5 ill have to run a full 20 minutes.. yikes! Anyway it felt good completing week four , day one. resting my legs tomorrow and working my arms. Thanks for all the help and support everyone!
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to getting back to running outside tomorrow. Airangel - I can relate to tech and wardrobe malfunctions. I had to stop using runkeeper because it goes wonky on me way too much - might be the mountains I live in. Deb - I am going to get a squat app now - something about needing a structure and ticking off progress. Everyone keep up the progress and posting!
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My week five day 3 is proving a big challenge for me. I had a second go of it this evening, and will have another crack on Wednesday. It is 8 min, 3min walk, and then 8 min run. I have done 8r, 3w, 3r, and then this evening did 8r,3w, 5r -- so I guess I am getting there!
    I do not - no, let me rephrase that:
    I will not give up, but I am going to take the extra time to get it under my belt.
    It is not the eight minutes, it is doing it x twice. I make sure that I am doing 4km. and I am trying to slow it down, so that I can complete, but -- well, that's Wednesday.
    Good luck fellow runners!