MARCH CHALLENGE GROUP!!

Options
I hope TIMWHOA doesn't mind me creating this thread, but it's March already! I know people are eager to post their February success and March goals. Let's go!!!!!!

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's my first time doing one of these challenges. I would like to lose 6 pounds this month.
    I'm doing the Atkins 1972 version.
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Helllooooo March!

I'm shooting for 7 lb down this month, although if today is any indication of future behavior, perhaps I should lower that. I'm also shooting to move more than I did last month, in which I moved more than the month before, but not nearly as much as I wanted.

Here's to a great month for all of us!
  • deannareed7
    Options
    Hello! I actually started trying to lower my carbs about a week ago and started Induction a couple days ago. I've lost 40 pounds this last year by working out and counting calories, but my weight loss stalled out a few months ago even while excercising 4x week. So I'm optimistic about trying Atkins to lose my last 20 pounds.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    I started March at 176.6 so my goal for March is 8 lbs. I want to be in the 160s going into April. I am going on a cruise mid March so I'll be back on induction for the last week of the month. Good luck to u all!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hello! I actually started trying to lower my carbs about a week ago and started Induction a couple days ago. I've lost 40 pounds this last year by working out and counting calories, but my weight loss stalled out a few months ago even while excercising 4x week. So I'm optimistic about trying Atkins to lose my last 20 pounds.

I'm like you. I lost weight through exercise and food tracking, but I've been stalled for months now trying to lose the last 15-20 pounds. I think Atkins is going to get me over that hump. The scale is already moving lower than it has in months. Good luck to everyone!
  • donnaamarie
    Options
    I started on February 18 so still at the beginning of my journey. I am aiming for 10 pounds in the month of March, I think that's reasonable. See you on April 1!!
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi All. First time posting. I've been doing quasi-keto for about a month but finally decided to buckle down and do the real deal Atkins induction. Basically cutting out all "frankenfoods" that may be preventing me from reaching my goals. I'm 5'2", 130 and trying to lose about 15-20lbs total. I know it's not that much but to each his own. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Induction Day 1 is March 3rd!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN! I'm doing Induction again to lose my last 15 pounds. My birthday is April 24th I need a flat stomach if not abs by then for my Caribbean cruise! Weight 151 lbs.
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started March at 176.6 so my goal for March is 8 lbs. I want to be in the 160s going into April. I am going on a cruise mid March so I'll be back on induction for the last week of the month. Good luck to u all!

I'm going on a cruise too! :wink: :wink:
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in for March. I didn't make my goal in February. My goal for March is 10 pounds. I have to have a few more carbs because of my bones. I need to have more calcium and not just pill form. I hope I have the kinks worked out now. More milk, cheese and yogurt less meats. Good Luck to All
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I just missed my Feb goal by 1.5lbs, so this month I'm going for 6lbs. I'm on extended induction starting on 6th Jan 2014 and I'm 15lb down so far ;)
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want to bust into the 160s this month!! I just finished my 59th week!! Best wishes for an on-plan day, week, month!!!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to bust the 160's too!!! Started out the month at 168 and going for 10 lbs this month to 158. Fingers and toes are crossed and mind is set in the right place. Good luck all!
  • jadamonet
    jadamonet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 161.4. My goal is 153 for March.
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have just hit a wall....hard. I've only been doing this for three months, but the last few days, I've been losing it a bit. If I count another carb or calorie, I think I'm going to throw a brick through a window in frustration.

Anyway, I've been doing really well in these three months, but something is throwing me this week, and I'm tired, and I'm hungry (even though I've upped my eating) and I'm frustrated that this is happening because I've been doing well and over half way to where I set my goal when I started.

So, my solution as of right now is to give myself this week off, sort of. I'm trying to keep my calories at a maintenance level and my carbs at less than 50 (I've been doing induction+, prior to this where carbs were 20-30 a day).

Anyone else just hit this point where it just hits hard and becomes frustrating? What did you do to get through it? Am I setting myself up for a big fall if I take a timeout?
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Time to have a whole month of Atkins eating! I will aim to lose 10 pounds this month. I have my HRA on April 4th and I know I will be heavier than last year but I definitely won't be happy if I'm at my weight now. So far, so good.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I have just hit a wall....hard. I've only been doing this for three months, but the last few days, I've been losing it a bit. If I count another carb or calorie, I think I'm going to throw a brick through a window in frustration.

Anyway, I've been doing really well in these three months, but something is throwing me this week, and I'm tired, and I'm hungry (even though I've upped my eating) and I'm frustrated that this is happening because I've been doing well and over half way to where I set my goal when I started.

So, my solution as of right now is to give myself this week off, sort of. I'm trying to keep my calories at a maintenance level and my carbs at less than 50 (I've been doing induction+, prior to this where carbs were 20-30 a day).

Anyone else just hit this point where it just hits hard and becomes frustrating? What did you do to get through it? Am I setting myself up for a big fall if I take a timeout?

With only 20 pounds to go, you could probably up your daily carbs and get yourself out of induction. Good luck and keep moving forward! Give yourself some time to regroup, and focus on your goals.
  • candy102389
    Options
    Just finished my 1st week of Atkins with a weight loss of 8lbs. March goal is 10lbs. New to the group and so looking for friends for motivation and food ideas =)
  • Singingpanda
    Singingpanda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started induction this week and I am aiming to lose 10 pounds in March
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    164.5 today - really hoping for 158 by the end of the month! Feeling good so far. :flowerforyou: