Fruits and vegetables only for one month

Options
Now, I have been vegan/vegetarian for a while, but recently I went on birth control and gained about 10 pounds. I'm kind of chubby to begin with. Even though eat mostly vegan food, I still eat a lot of nut butters, pasta, bread, vegan snacks, sugary candy, dried(sweetened fruit), popcorn, etc. I am going on a trip in a month and want to eat ONLY fruits and vegetables until then. Including beans and legumes, corn, sweet potatoes, dried fruits and vegetables, and occasionally nuts.

What I want to know is if anyone has done this and how much weight did you lose?? Are there any foods you would recommend I cut out to lose even more weight? Thank you soooo much!

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've basically been eating just that for the past 3 years. Mainly fruit and tender leafy greens and when I am low on ripe fruit I will use sweet potatoes/yams/rice/quinoa ect.

I've lost a lot of weight doing that and have healed a lot of health issues. I keep my fat low and don't restrict calories.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me when I switched birth control. It sucks, but fortunately most of it went to my boobs. That doesn't mean i wanted the extra 7 pounds, but I guess it could be worse!

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest the diet you're aiming for. Definitely eat more fruits and vegetables (think big leafy salads! yum!), but keep your diet balanced and varied. Just eat less of the calorie dense foods (bread- :( ) and you'll be fine. Otheriwise (if you're anything like me) you will get bored and get cravings and binge on what you're avoiding... vegan mellow mushroom calzone, anyone?! Yeah that happened, yesterday. But it was so good.
  • HurricaneLindsay
    HurricaneLindsay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you would like Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman. It's very similar to what you are mentioning. You can eat unlimited vegetables, beans and fruit, with a limited amount of nuts and starches. I've been eating this way for 6 weeks and I love it.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/healthy-food-eat-to-live-for-dummies.html
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea.
  • love__thyself
    Options
    Thank you so much. I haven't even been off birth control for a full week and I can already feel the difference in my body. I also don't have crazy cravings. For dinner tonight I had an arugula salad with avocado, garbanzo beans, fresh orange, and plantain chips for a little crunch. It tasted really good and filled me up so I think I will continue eating like this!