Hello - is anybody out there?

Options
Hi I am wondering if this group is still active. Thanks.

Replies

• sculler62
    sculler62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's get this blog going! I did my first weight session today, and I am stunned how tired I am. Is this typical? And hungry!! :happy:
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think that no matter how much exercise you do, when you switch types it just works everything so differently it's like you are coming from a sedentary position! I did boxing for the first time in a while recently (love, love love it, but believe it or not, it is hard on my bad knee...lots of torgue and being in constant side to side movement makes it big time sore) and I couldn't believe how sore my shoulders, lats and triceps were....even though I exercise these muscles out constantly. Just moved a different way. Boxing is a great cardio workout AND with the hitting aspect (either bag or someone with mitts) really releases stress. BAM! take that stupid printer that keeps jamming! Things like that.
  • sculler62
    Options
    Ha! Think you're right TK. I've super enjoyed doing nothing today. Thinking of going for a walk. or seriously, not. I'm on the threshold of 20 pounds off and keep weighing 1 short. Know any 1 pound tricks??:angry:
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sculler62 - oh hey...I just got your name. You row! takes me a while. Congrats on the 20 lbs. I am slowly losing...about 7 pounds over past month. But, hey it is going down. Better than the last 2 years when all it doe was go up.

Office is closed today due to snow and I will have to cancel trainer so all home exercise today. I will most likely do bands and body weight squats and abs. I am working remotely, sporadically, and hope to be able to log 4 hours worked since having taken off Friday I was not really prepared for a day's work at home.

Good recipe - Mash cauliflower. Add egg, panko, pamesean cheese, salt pepper and I added onion and red pepper flakes. Saute in sparing amount of oil on medium heat. Oh yes, make into thin patties. They don't want to stick together real well raw, but as they cook and brown slowly they congeal. Look lilke potato pankcakes. I am not a huge veggie eater, so I consider this another way to get a veggie into me - so I sacrifice a few calories to oil, cheese and panko. I have no meansurements to give since my friend, from whom I got the recipe, and I cook the same way...just throw things together until they look or "feel" right. I used one egg, 1/2 parm,scant 1/2c. panko for a small head of cauliflower.

One thing about my efforts to not eat much processed food or grain is that I have learned that I can eat certain veggies after all! After a life time of turning my nose up at asparagras I have learned that I can eat it in a stir fry when cut into small pieces barely cooked (those limp little spears just never appeaed to me). Brussel spouts I will eat shredded and cooked a lot of ways. My biggest problem I think was that my mom used to cook everything until it was dead and the mushy texture of all her vegetables just grossed me out.
  • sculler62
    Options
    I think our moms of their generation cooked veggies to death. Ick. I too am loving my veggies now. I cook cabbage in strips and think of it as my pasta. I am on a low carb diet. And today... I am officially 20 pounds lighter!! YAH!!!
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today my fast day is "fully raw" (fresh fruits & vegetables only) & this is much harder than I thought. I have been inspired by friends who are eating "fully raw" & say they feel the best ever, have tons of energy & are loosing weight.
  • alicelucienne
    Options
    I just joined today and am really hoping to get serious this time! Happy to find this group and am closing in on 71st birthday.
    Need to lose about 60 lbs.
  • Bookat
    Bookat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great Sculler62. I have lost 6 lbs so far this month, but it keeps fluctuating. The main things i am doing different is trying to give up the evening snack and starting to walk 4 to 5 times a week since the weather is not quite so cold. It has been brutal here which is really unusual. My dr has asked me to lose 10 percent of my weight in 6 months. That would be 18 and a half pounds.
  • sculler62
    Options
    Bookat, Those are big changes! I bet the weight jumps off . It's been frigid here, too. We're supposed to get some warm days this week.
  • pumbida62
    Options
    Hi,
    I hope this is still active. I need support in my quest to lose weight and get in shape.
  • pumbida62
    Options
    Good luck to you! I am 67 and just beginning.
  • sculler62
    Options
    What are you doing on your quest, P?
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Sculler 62,

Good for you ! You steam the cabbage, do you put a red sauce on it? Sounds yummy.
  • Polixeni001
    Polixeni001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just checking if this group is still active.
  • bjcl
    bjcl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello.
  • joanehend
    joanehend Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to connect like minded over 60 women. The hacks and wisdom out there just waiting to be unleashed!