Say it quietly, its..not...that...bad!

Options
watto1903
watto1903 Posts: 19 Member
I run and cycle quite alot, when i go to gym i enjoy mostly doing circuit training, 1hr sessions of, essentially interval training, not unlike Insanity workouts.

So my friend recommended this, I have just started week 2 and am thinking, yes, its hard work and i get a real good sweat on but it doesnt seem, y'know 'Insane'.

Dont get me wrong, my upper body is fairly poor so i have to rest a bit on the push ups, triceps stuff at times but i thought the pure cardio for example was quite timid. And i am comfortable with all the plyometric type stuff.

Should i stick with month 1 or go to month 2 early?

I feel kind of weird saying it, but it is how i feel, my mate reckons is because i am used to interval training, its not as big a step up, he thinks i should have started on month 2.

advice please?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd follow it. You're still burning calories after all... :)
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you're already in great cardio shape - I wouldn't see an issue going to month two. My opinion is just do whatever keeps you interested in the program. Pure cardio is one of the easier workouts, but after week 2 you add cardio abs on top of the pure cardio workout.

Month two, as I'm sure you're aware, is 55+ minutes per workout and twice as intense. Maybe if you're looking to go at least 60 days, then mix up a little month 1 programs with month 2 to give your body a break and it will vary the workouts a little more.
  • watto1903
    watto1903 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cheers for the advice, think im just going to follow for now and see how i go, ive tried upping the intensity now im starting to get to know the programmes, Im feeling the burn a bit more form that. Guess i wasn't working hard enough to start with lol!
  • Skky2012
    Skky2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love insanity and as a gymnast and Lacrosse player I find interval training extremely helpful too! For a while I thought that insanity was just an easy quick fix to my day but just took longer to complete then I liked too. Then I really looked into it and found out that I was paying more attention to the video and schedule then I was to the overall workout! I found it very helpful to take the water breaks that they give you and even pause it sometimes to stretch it out or add a cardio twist into a day. SO insanity became an every other day thing for me and instead of doing the 60 day I did the thirty and it was so intense I just mixed up the workouts and threw a surprise, twist in there such as a run day or mixed by break days for strength days! and take the next day! At the end of the day to get your ultimate results you need to burn 3500 calories to lose that pound! So if you look at the stand still muscle workouts that you are doing then the high intensity picks up for that lean mean fighting machine physique you want!