Net Calories?

Options
Since we are all around same height...How many calories are you netting per day? Do you eat back excercise calories and if yes are you still losing and at what rate? Thanks in advance

Always looking for friends to keep me motivated :)

Replies

• RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hiya, well I generally try to eat 1300-1400 a day and try my hardest to eat back at least half of the calories I burn! I eat back half because I've heard that MFP overestimates the calorie burn for most exercises, especially walking which is my go-to exercise! Not sure if what I'm doing is right or not but it's working for me so far :-)

As for rate of weight loss, well it has been slow for me over the last month but I did have a birthday and basically a cheat WEEK accompanied that! But other than that drawback I've lot about 6lbs since the middle of January, nearly 1lb a week.

Hope that helps! And friend request sent also!

*Edited for spelling mistakes!
  • elw90
    elw90 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm netting around 1400 a day with my total being around 1500 and 1600, I tend just to add 100-200 calories when I exercise and it is just to fit in the protein shake I drink after I exercise and to allow for a bit of fruit beforehand. I think I burn a bit more but this seems to be working for me. I think it is useful to get your calories in order and then add exercise in rather than eating too much because you think you have burned a lot from exercise.
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first time entering a group, im pretty new to mfp. Im shooting for 1200-1400 a day. Usually on days when I work out, ill eat as much as 1600- 1900 calories when I have intense workouts. My weight loss has been slow, and especially when Im going through my time of the month...frustrated. I also use a polar heart rate monitor/watch to count my calories when working out.
  • AwesomeFrenchie
    AwesomeFrenchie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there ! I try not to exceed 1400 net, but I mainly concentrate on eating healthy than the specific number of cals. Many days I don't even record my weight or calorie intake, but opt for healthy choices so I know that it isnt a cheat day ;) What I eat also depends on what I plan on doing that day. For example, I try to avoid carbs especially if I know it will be a pretty sedentary day and I'll allow myself more on days I have an intense workout.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have 15 more lbs to lose until I am at my goal weight. I have my goals set to lose 1/2 lb per week, sedentary (desk job) and I try to net around 1500-1600. My calorie goal is set to 1590. I struggle with setting my activity level at sedentary or lightly active. I do have a desk job, however, I am a school nurse, so I do get up and down frequently (some days more than others). At home, I'm pretty sedentary except for general housework chores. I don't work out regularly, maybe once a week or so, & I do eat those calories back.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I net on average 1390-1400, total daily eating goal is 2200. Followed the same routine last year and lost 23+ lbs by the same June came around. Slow but all the weight lost was fat. :smile:
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was netting 1200 initially, but I found it impossible to stick to without working out, and found that some days I would work out just so I could eat more, not because I enjoyed it, and it made working out so much more monotonous. I have since increased my daily intake to match my BMR, which is 1362, and am now finding it much easier to stick to it, even on days I don't exercise, and I also have a lot more energy as my body is being properly fuelled to meet my basal metabolic rate. I never go to bed hungry or unsatisfied, and sticking to my goal feel easy, which is all I wanted.
  • You should never NET less than your BMR, because then your body is not consuming enough calories to perform basic functions... I don't follow this rule very well, so don't go by my diary... I have been considering upping my calorie intake because my NET is so low, but that's scary! I tend to net around 1000-1100 calories a day, but my BMR is almost 1400.
  • AlexM1129
    AlexM1129 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used a calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) to calculate my TDEE and then subtracted 20% to find my calorie goal, so for me I'm eating around 1600 a day, and it seems to be working!