March Madness - Challenge Day Four

Options
jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
Posting this EARLY as it may take a trip to the market.......

Eat a rainbow for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Include the colors - RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, PURPLE.

Color additives do NOT count.

Good luck with the blue and the purple.

jp

Replies

• Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh this could be difficult....... but will give it a go xx
  • jpilley
    jpilley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Never said it would be easy - thus the word CHALLENGE. :bigsmile:

jp
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    A good challenge!

No problem! It's Fat Tuesday tomorrow (Mardi Gras Day). There are lots of things around that are purple, green, and gold. Too bad colored sprinkles don't count. lol

The only thing blue that I know of are blue corn tortilla chips. But I don't eat that type of food very often. For the blue, how about blueberries? And eggplant or grapes for the purple? I ate some eggplant the other day. I've got the other colors covered. I am out of my fave yellow food.
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A good challenge!

No problem! It's Fat Tuesday tomorrow (Mardi Gras Day). There are lots of things around that are purple, green, and gold. Too bad colored sprinkles don't count. lol

The only thing blue that I know of are blue corn tortilla chips. But I don't eat that type of food very often. For the blue, how about blueberries? And eggplant or grapes for the purple? I ate some eggplant the other day. I've got the other colors covered. I am out of my fave yellow food.

I was wondering too.
    Found this page https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/healthy_eating/eat-a-rainbow/anthocyanins-blue-purple-food.htm
    hope it helps!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Already had breakfast before I saw this - but will attempt for everything else :)
  • Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Okay, didnt do breakfast as I had porridge,

lunchtime, tomatoes, shredded carrot and lettuce salad,with egg, handful black grapes, blueberries, honeydew melon

dinner dry stir fry with red, yellow and green peppers, handful black grapes, blue berries, honeydew melon