Week 3 weigh in

Options
Kathrynrbg
Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
WEEK 1 119.2 lbs. 23.3% body fat..
WEEK 2 118.4 lbs. 25.4% body fat
WEEK 3 118.8 lbs. 22.4% body fat

I am so happy and grateful!

I am losing pure fat and improving my body composition.

I love this group, it keeps me focused and motivated.

Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Glad you are seeing success Kathryn! And congrats to everyone else excited about today's weigh-in.

If anyone is less than thrilled with their results thus week, i can relate! I was expecting it wouldn't be pretty, because while I did great with exercise, I did awful with my diet last week. My measurements are unchanged, and I gained one pound. :(

I am making a few changes this week, primarily ensuring that I have plenty of veggies around for alternatives when I have snack attacks! Also took on the challenge of logging ALL my intake this week ( going to get a scale so I can check my portion sizes too!)
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Will be logging in later with my results just being nosey, how do you measure body fat %? I know I've lot weight, cms and my BMI has gone down but not sure how to measure body fat.
  • AllisonAugustyn
    AllisonAugustyn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm back down to 156lbs. Happy! If I keep at this rate, I'll hit around 150lbs in the remaining 7 weeks, which is my goal. My goal is to drop closer to the 20% athlete body fat range. I'm currently at 24%. So I need to lose 7-8 lbs of fat. I'm trying to optimize my fitness for an upcoming century bike race in June and a climb up Kilimanjaro in October 2014.

My measurements are shrinking (lost 1 inch from each thigh, losing in my waist, bust, etc. in the last 30 days -- I started working out before joining this group). Great example of my progress, I have lost 1.5 inches from each upper arm, but gained serious muscle. When I flex, my bicep is huge! So I'm less focused on weight and more on look/measurements to measure body fat.

I'm doing Jillian Michaels' workouts and walking a lot. I just finished 30 Day Shred and have noticed a big difference in strength (I can do some decent pushups!) and clothes fitting. My husband and friends have noticed. I started Ripped in 30 yesterday and can feel the workout challenge other parts.

I have been sick with mono since Feb 1 and just this week am feeling 100%. So I'm hoping to reincorporate my spin classes and long bike rides, as well as hiking. I'm continuing to clean up my diet, which is the biggest challenge.

Thanks, everyone! Have a good week!
  • Kathrynrbg
    Options
    Will be logging in later with my results just being nosey, how do you measure body fat %? I know I've lot weight, cms and my BMI has gone down but not sure how to measure body fat.

I have a Tanita scale and calipers but you can do it on line with the navy formula over the internet.
  • Kathrynrbg
    Options
    Glad you are seeing success Kathryn! And congrats to everyone else excited about today's weigh-in.

If anyone is less than thrilled with their results thus week, i can relate! I was expecting it wouldn't be pretty, because while I did great with exercise, I did awful with my diet last week. My measurements are unchanged, and I gained one pound. :(

I am making a few changes this week, primarily ensuring that I have plenty of veggies around for alternatives when I have snack attacks! Also took on the challenge of logging ALL my intake this week ( going to get a scale so I can check my portion sizes too!)

Thanks, you might have gained 1 lb of just water or lean mass due to so much exercise.
  • Skinny59Bitch
    Options
    Great to see everybodys progressing and keeping it up :) 8 weeks to go! We can do this team!
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wk 1 weight 250lbs
    Wk 2 weight 248 bs (-2lbs)
    Wk 3 weight 244lbs (-4lbs)

Total so far 6lbs, target is 14lbs

Starting BMI was 33.9 and is now 33.1 (when i started on MFP it was 34.9 so this is really good for my overall health!)

Cms lost since start
    Chest 4cm
    Waist 0.5cm
    Hips 2.5cm
    Bicep 1cm
    Thigh 1.5cm
    Calf 1.5cm

Will look into the body fat measurements too, thanks for the tip!
  • Sandralyna
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for your loss !!

Jodi Im right there with you, I didnt lose a thing and Im pretty sure I gained like 0.5 lbs (I didnt weigh in this mornibg since I just got into my period + I ate late last night...) But on sunday morning I was at the same weight of last week which is 52.4 kg or 115.5 lbs... Been doin good at the gym, I went 5 times and did lots of cardio but it seems like I just couldnt stop being hungry all week long... I only ate healthy stuffs tho but still, too much of it. I think its because of this period of the month but uggh its frustrating..

Oh well ! Hopefully we ll do better nxt week !
  • Jmcbryan570
    Jmcbryan570 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm there with Jodi and Sandralyna. I made modifications but not enough. This week my goal is to track everyday, good or bad, busy or not busy.

So according to my scale I lost no inches and gained 2lbs. So my 'new' starting weight is 142 for week three.

So glad to see more proof accountability of the group works than not. Happy for everyone's successes!