Talking Dead: Team Mika and Lizzie

Options

Replies

• Cali_Mell
    Cali_Mell Posts: 32
    Options
    Mell is down and out with pneumonia and a severe sinus infection. Apparently pushing myself so hard for work the last 2 weeks and then too much everything else too fast wore down my already weak immune system and it fought back. So I didn't get anywhere near my usual totals. I've been asleep most of the day, almost crashed back out after my chicken broth before I remembered to check in!

I did stay under my calorie goal all 7 days.
    Strength training- 100 min
    Cardio- 315 min (including core and an attempt at yoga)
    Combat- 50 min

I have 1/2 of the wall squats available for anyone that needs them. Okay y'all, back to bed for me. Good Luck Team!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I sent this to TJ last night well before midnight, but doesn't look like it's been opened yet. Just want to make sure it's counted though! :)

Cardio: Continue with the required 190 mins of cardio this week(45 mins of combat) - DONE (195 mins)
    Strength: 90 mins - DONE, including 60 mins of yoga! (90 mins total)
    Punishment: Wall Squats- OUCH and Done! Lol
    Food: 6 days of your food/nutrition goals - Yes yes yes :)
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Mell is down and out with pneumonia and a severe sinus infection. Apparently pushing myself so hard for work the last 2 weeks and then too much everything else too fast wore down my already weak immune system and it fought back. So I didn't get anywhere near my usual totals. I've been asleep most of the day, almost crashed back out after my chicken broth before I remembered to check in!

I did stay under my calorie goal all 7 days.
    Strength training- 100 min
    Cardio- 315 min (including core and an attempt at yoga)
    Combat- 50 min

I have 1/2 of the wall squats available for anyone that needs them. Okay y'all, back to bed for me. Good Luck Team!

Wow, hope you feel better. That's awful! :( I'm impressed that you still got all of this done. Wow! Rest up and get well soon
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I sent this to TJ last night well before midnight, but doesn't look like it's been opened yet. Just want to make sure it's counted though! :)

Cardio: Continue with the required 190 mins of cardio this week(45 mins of combat) - DONE (195 mins)
    Strength: 90 mins - DONE, including 60 mins of yoga! (90 mins total)
    Punishment: Wall Squats- OUCH and Done! Lol
    Food: 6 days of your food/nutrition goals - Yes yes yes :)

I got it Amy. I was trying not to open any of them until I made sure I had them all. Tallying and sending scores now.

You all have done a great job making sure to hit your numbers, asking your team for help. Fantastic!! Lets hope your scores are high enough you get a new teammate. I dont see carol letting Lizzie kill anyone else. Got to keep that girl reigned in.
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Excellent, thanks a bunch! :) I'm sure it's quite the task to keep everyone's check-ins in order! Wew!! We appreciate everything you're doing for us! :) Thanks, TJ!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Team you had a 4/5 check in this week. Not bad.

Mell is MVP for getting over 300 min of cardio, even while sick. I think she is secretly competing in the Team Carol Cardio Clubs!! Great Job Mell!!!!!!!!

Lets hope for alot of Mika and Lizzie tonight. Those girls need to get some kills in!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Great job Mell! You have been an inspiration. I'm hoping to see Mika and Lizzie tonight too!
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Congrats, Mel!!!!! I was also very impressed with your totals this week despite being sick. Amazing!!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    This weeks challenge has been posted ladies

250 min of Cardio
    90 min of strength
    6/6 nutrition

I know you can do it!!!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    60 min jump in cardio ???? ~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmyP619
    Options
    60 min jump in cardio ???? ~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol that was my thought too! This is going to be a killer.. total of 340 mins in the gym, or trying to find something active outside of the gym.. wew. My hubby might not see me this week! Lol Bring it onnnnn! My bum needs it! :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I hope the other team doesn't mind and our team leader doesn't mind but I've been watching the boards to see what the punishment is because I go to the gym at lunch and I need to get started on it to get it done within the timeframe. This is what I pulled off of Team Rick's board so I'm going to go with it today and still wait for the formal handdown of the punishment from TJ BUT I thought I would share just in case anyone else is in the same boat as I am and needing to get started.

"Punishment Circuit - 1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.

The circuit should be done 5 times throughout the week, how you break it up is up to you. It would be 10 sit ups OR roll ups OR crunches, not 10 of each (thought that was clear, my bad!). I "jump rope" frequently without a jump rope---just pretend you have one in your hands and make the same motions of jumping over a rope (and the good thing is there's no chance of tripping yourself!). If anyone feels this is too advanced, there are modifications that can be done (side plank on your knees, you can google low impact jumping jacks and see demonstrations, etc). There are most definitely ways to bring this to anyone's fitness level especially because it's a very short circuit (only 5 minutes a day like the other punishments have been), so I would invite people to modify as they feel comfortable while still making it challenging."

This actually sounds like a great little circuit to do. I'm excited to have a break from the constant squats!!!

Good luck team!!
    "
  • tj1376
    Options
    I hope the other team doesn't mind and our team leader doesn't mind but I've been watching the boards to see what the punishment is because I go to the gym at lunch and I need to get started on it to get it done within the timeframe. This is what I pulled off of Team Rick's board so I'm going to go with it today and still wait for the formal handdown of the punishment from TJ BUT I thought I would share just in case anyone else is in the same boat as I am and needing to get started.

"Punishment Circuit - 1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.

The circuit should be done 5 times throughout the week, how you break it up is up to you. It would be 10 sit ups OR roll ups OR crunches, not 10 of each (thought that was clear, my bad!). I "jump rope" frequently without a jump rope---just pretend you have one in your hands and make the same motions of jumping over a rope (and the good thing is there's no chance of tripping yourself!). If anyone feels this is too advanced, there are modifications that can be done (side plank on your knees, you can google low impact jumping jacks and see demonstrations, etc). There are most definitely ways to bring this to anyone's fitness level especially because it's a very short circuit (only 5 minutes a day like the other punishments have been), so I would invite people to modify as they feel comfortable while still making it challenging."

This actually sounds like a great little circuit to do. I'm excited to have a break from the constant squats!!!

Good luck team!!
    "

Im still waiting on official confirmation on the punishment, but this does seem to be where they are headed. If you all want to get a jump start on it, Rock It!!!!!!

As for the jump in Cardio - just like the show, you cant get complacent. You never know when something unexpected will happen.

Oh and if anyone would like to participate - Team Carol has a cardio challenge going - we are all trying to reach 500 min this week - you are welcome to join us!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options

Good luck team!!
    "

Im still waiting on official confirmation on the punishment, but this does seem to be where they are headed. If you all want to get a jump start on it, Rock It!!!!!!

As for the jump in Cardio - just like the show, you cant get complacent. You never know when something unexpected will happen.

Oh and if anyone would like to participate - Team Carol has a cardio challenge going - we are all trying to reach 500 min this week - you are welcome to join us!!!!

I have decided that the next two weeks are going to be ME weeks and I plan on working out, running and working and running so I will shoot for the 500 cardio as a challenge to myself. I've been good on eating at a deficit according to my fitbit, but also for the next two weeks I am challenging myself to eat NO processed foods. That is my downfall, I love processed foods and when I eat a little I crave more. I guess it can be debated what is processed foods according to some people. So to clarify I am cutting out fast foods, fried foods, sweets such as cakes, donuts, cookies. I am focusing on protein shakes, fruit and salads, lean proteins and greek yogart. I'm going to really try to stay away from wheats for the next two weeks and see if it takes my tummy bloat down.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.
  • Cali_Mell
    Cali_Mell Posts: 32
    Options
    Y'all are gonna laugh, but I just read through all these, stopped, waved at my monitor and say "hey you guys." :)

Definitely getting better over here- had an adjustment in antibiotics and an 'oops' moment with some codeine (apparently I'm allergic, who knew?) but I've been given the go-ahead to keep exercising. Pffttt, like I was going to stop my cardio sstreak? Ha!

I think we did really good this week, and I'd love to jump on the bandwagon for the 500 cardio.

Hey JC- I love your idea of the "me" weeks and I wanted to quick share about the bread thing. One of the foods I cannot eat after my gallbladder removal is bread of any kind (trust me, I've tried) and I have noticed that it has helped with the bloat big time, at least in my case.

While I do miss my breads (oh homemade bread how I loved thee), I don't miss the bloating, tiredness, and other effects it has on me.
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fun hard leg workout only like 4 mins long but you will feel it. Let me know what you of it . It should count to strength and combat ...I would think...http://youtu.be/JaFkJMxVI3I
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Mell - I have let my workouts go to very little to nothing over the last two years because I have rushed home to cook and take care of my husband. It was a bad habit to let myself get into and so here we are almost 30 pound heavier! So I told him I'm getting back in the groove and my workouts. Because I am not letting myself go into yet another summer with these pounds on!

So I did my 45 min cardio and then 30 min. weights and another 30 min of cardio last night. I haven't done the punishment yet - but its my understanding we only have to do it one time - right? I'll probably do it more than once so if anyone needs help this week - let me know.

Its Wednesday - how is everyone else doing?
  • tj1376
    Options
    I have decided that the next two weeks are going to be ME weeks and I plan on working out, running and working and running so I will shoot for the 500 cardio as a challenge to myself. I've been good on eating at a deficit according to my fitbit, but also for the next two weeks I am challenging myself to eat NO processed foods. That is my downfall, I love processed foods and when I eat a little I crave more. I guess it can be debated what is processed foods according to some people. So to clarify I am cutting out fast foods, fried foods, sweets such as cakes, donuts, cookies. I am focusing on protein shakes, fruit and salads, lean proteins and greek yogart. I'm going to really try to stay away from wheats for the next two weeks and see if it takes my tummy bloat down.

I eat this way everyday. I havent had pasta, bread, rice, potatoes or any other starch in almost a year. Its hard sometimes, but it is doable. Especially if its for a short period.

Remember - jerky and reduced fat cheeses are perfectly acceptable as a meal. And BACON is good for you (although I would try more for the turkey bacon than regular most of the time)