new here

Options
hi, my name is lois and i am 48 ouch! i am a bit shy and not very computer savy but my daughter showed me this site so i thought i would try it. i work in a restaurant all day (timmys) and find it hard to eat properly during the day since we only get 2 15 minute breaks all day, not really enough time for a balanced meal lol! i don't eat doughnuts as i have to look at them all day! but i usually end up having a bagel or breakfast sandwich every day. since i start at 5:30 am, its that and coffee all day then dinner etc in the evening.

if anyone has any ideas for quick meals to eat i would love to hear them:smile: !!

Replies

• chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi

It's hard when you are at a restaurant all day. I personally find that when I stay away from bread, and up the protein and good fat, I do much better, and less cravings.

Breakfast sandwich without the bread would be a better choice.
  • Nikk2674
    Nikk2674 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went to my personal trainer yesterday and he suggested fruit or cut up vegetables. Nuts are a good snack, but you must be careful with serving sizes. If you're not adverse to protein shakes, Id recommend te GNC Lean Shake. It's low in carbs and the starawberry cream and vanilla are my fvorites at this time.
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nikk2674! Finger foods and protein shakes! I'll bring a thermos with healthy soup to work sometimes also.
  • RckyMtnTJ
    RckyMtnTJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always have fruits, veggies, and water on hand. I snack non stop. I have my cereal and other foods portioned out the night before so I can be prepared.