Wait times and sequence?

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
I do SL before work, so I need it done in under an hour. To do this, I put 1 exercise in the wait time for another:
Squat, wait 60s or so, bench, wait 60s or so squat/row etc.

It might be 3-6 minutes between squat sets, but I've done 1-2 sets of the other exercises (except deadlift, that is always last) in between. The waits get a bit longer as I go along or whatever as necessary. A day takes about an hour and B day takes about 45 minutes.

Do you do mix the exercises like above or do them as a set sequentially? My muscles are getting the recommended wait times, but my central nervous system is not. Thoughts?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    No I don't mix but I don't have time restraints either.

I never even thought about it to be honest as when I am done a set of squats I need my 3-3.5min rest...and the heavier my lifts get the longer my rest is..
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I started with the recommended 5x5 on everything (1x5 on DL). But as the weights (esp on squats) got heavier to where it took me longer to rest, I dropped everything (except dl) down to 3x5. I'm also constrained by an hour before work. Even if I worked out with out the time constraint I'd probably still do that. I still get the great workout, but without having to spend so long on it because of the rests.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Agree above. When I was doing Stronglifts and was strapped for time I would cut back to 3x5. Pushing your body too hard may hurt you long term.