How Are You?

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Do you get this asked of you and if so how often? I just wanted to make sure you all know I am still here for each of you. I want to help you meet and exceed your goals. So, how are you? Are there any concerns or questions you may have? Have you overcome some obstacles and want to share? Let's hear from you.

Replies

• mgreen95
    mgreen95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get asked that a lot but in my opinion its more directed towards how my husband is doing. I appreciate that you are thinking of us. I will not lie I have been struggling the past couple of weeks. I have set a goal of just drinking the proper amount of water each day this week. I did have a question regarding the dread TDEE, BMR and daily calorie goal but have since been able to figure it out. I have changed my calorie goal from 1200 to 1600 a day.

My biggest struggle right now is developing some kind of routine for exercise and eating. Everything is hit and miss, some days I am able to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and others I'm lucky to get breakfast and dinner in. I have gone and bought individual snack packs of apples and carrots, so that helps. As far as working out goes this week its just not happening. I have spoken with my daughter and hope to be able to workout next week.
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking and I am glad that you are still giving advice & encouragement. It helps and I try to check in at least once a day if not more. I like hearing from others of their struggles, accomplishments, ideas, etc. It is very helpful to me and makes me feel like I am not the only one. :happy:
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking :flowerforyou:

I don't get asked this often, at least not in a serious manner, only in a "let's start a conversation but don't answer honestly" way.
    I am doing.. fine, I guess.
    I was struggling the last few days. I "feel good" but since last thursday I had binges every day and since sunday, I don't have any feeling of being full after eating at all. No matter how much I eat. (I ate over 10,000 kcal a day and in general ate always enough and hit my macros etc., so that isn't the propblem).
    I talked about it with my therapist and she couldn't really help me there. I know this from a previous stage of my bulimia, so I know it's a psychological thing.
    I don't feel stressed out in general, but I have an important exam in 2 weeks and I feel very scared because of this. I avoid actually studying because I feel like I cannot catch up everything/ I don't really know WHAT to study, so it feels so overwhelming that I simply avoid the situation.
    I figured all this out yesterday, so I am curious how today will go, if this really was my trigger.

And I noticed how much support mfp gives me! This is a place where I do not annoy people by talking about food and fitness over and over, because they share this interest. And I met mostly nice people and it's easy to get engaged, to motivate others and to get motivated in return. I absolutely enjoy this :drinker:

@mgreen95
    Say, in which way are you struggling to find a routine? Is it because of your time schedule, or don't you have regular eating and exercise habbits yet? Or other things?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I get asked that a lot but in my opinion its more directed towards how my husband is doing. I appreciate that you are thinking of us. I will not lie I have been struggling the past couple of weeks. I have set a goal of just drinking the proper amount of water each day this week. I did have a question regarding the dread TDEE, BMR and daily calorie goal but have since been able to figure it out. I have changed my calorie goal from 1200 to 1600 a day.

My biggest struggle right now is developing some kind of routine for exercise and eating. Everything is hit and miss, some days I am able to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and others I'm lucky to get breakfast and dinner in. I have gone and bought individual snack packs of apples and carrots, so that helps. As far as working out goes this week its just not happening. I have spoken with my daughter and hope to be able to workout next week.

Maria~

Figure out when you are at your best and workout then. Make an appointment with yourself and keep it. That means there is to be no interruptions while you are having time to yourself to workout. I know it can be difficult to do with your situation, but give it a try. Even if it's ten minutes at least you did something.

Also, you need fuel for your body so please eat. Take a day to do some food prep for the entire week. It takes me a couple of hours to do it and then I do not have to worry about what I will eat. If you are not eating, but once or twice a day you are not doing yourself any good. Please make this a focus. And continue to drink you goal of water. Have you thought of making one of your meals as a replacement shake? That might be something to consider as well. I have a shake every morning and that is one of my meals. If you would like to know what I use just let me know.

You can do this. Please try not to be so hard on yourself.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Thanks for asking :flowerforyou:

I don't get asked this often, at least not in a serious manner, only in a "let's start a conversation but don't answer honestly" way.
    I am doing.. fine, I guess.
    I was struggling the last few days. I "feel good" but since last thursday I had binges every day and since sunday, I don't have any feeling of being full after eating at all. No matter how much I eat. (I ate over 10,000 kcal a day and in general ate always enough and hit my macros etc., so that isn't the propblem).
    I talked about it with my therapist and she couldn't really help me there. I know this from a previous stage of my bulimia, so I know it's a psychological thing.
    I don't feel stressed out in general, but I have an important exam in 2 weeks and I feel very scared because of this. I avoid actually studying because I feel like I cannot catch up everything/ I don't really know WHAT to study, so it feels so overwhelming that I simply avoid the situation.
    I figured all this out yesterday, so I am curious how today will go, if this really was my trigger.

And I noticed how much support mfp gives me! This is a place where I do not annoy people by talking about food and fitness over and over, because they share this interest. And I met mostly nice people and it's easy to get engaged, to motivate others and to get motivated in return. I absolutely enjoy this :drinker:

@mgreen95
    Say, in which way are you struggling to find a routine? Is it because of your time schedule, or don't you have regular eating and exercise habbits yet? Or other things?

Each day is a new day and you can overcome these obstacles. Take small steps each day in the right direction. When you are eating as yourself this question. Do I really need that? If the answer is no, then walk away from it and eat something healthy instead of junk. Keep a diary of how you are feeling when you eat clean verses eating junk. Look at the good and bad with both. Remember how you feel after you eat junk. I was not aware you have bulimia. Try not to overdo it for yourself and remember how far you have come. We are all here to support you and help.