colds....

Options
nickiboop
nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
Hi All

everytime I try and improve either my eating habits or my excersise habits I seem to get hit with a cold in about week 2

is this a thyroid thing and my body just whinging because I am trying to shake things up? or is it just bad timing

for example last week I started getting up at 6.30 to add some excercise in before I go to work, I used to get up about 7 to 7.30

I did a half hour mix of walking / running (im doing c25k so nothing too hard) and managed everyday except wednesday

this week I had a good start to the week and managed Monday and Tuesday and felt great all day, then yesterday I came down with a cold (blocked nose and sneezing) and Im now SHATTERED!

How much time should I now have off and should I start the early mornings again or just give up because it makes me ill ???

Replies

• JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would just take a day or two off and then work through it. How often have you had them reoccurring? And do you still get the same amount of sleep or are you getting less? That could be the reason.
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with JayMri. You may be pushing yourself too much and not getting enough rest or on the other hand you might have been unlucky and caught a cold. Are you eating enough protein?
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is 2 colds in 2 months, last month I had a chest infection as well :(

so basically started excercising again then bam poorly :(

I tend to get to sleep at about 10.30 so if I get up at 6 that would be 7 1/2 hours so that should be fine

In addition to this the only thing I can face eating is carbs, salad and meat with a cold just isnt appealing :(

I think my plan is to give myself a break until Saturday ie early nights eat when hungry etc and then to start exercising agin