outdoors vs treadmill

Options
so I just ventured outside for my first outdoor run. The weather here in the UK has been bloody awful and we have been affected by flooding so I have been unable to get outside until NOW...and I totally loved it. I must admit I find the treadmill a little borning but just ran for 2 miles outdoors and the time just flew. Really enjoyed the run, so my question is...which do you prefer/find easier...indoors or out?

Replies

• piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love running outdoors (well as much as I love running, but that is a whole other story), but I tend to not have a consistent pace. I tend to do my C25K on a treadmill to try and maintain a consistent pace otherwise I will start out at a sub-12 minute mile and slow down from there until I can barely keep from walking. I think they both have their benefits so for me it depends on why I am running.
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The weather in Canada has been very chilling! I've been really missing being outside. To this point I've been running on a treadmill but when things are nice enough to get out I think it's going to be better!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota and can't wait to get outside!!! I agree the treadmill can be a bit boring. Thank god for music!! LOL

I plan to take my dog (Labrador Retriever) with me. She's a good girl and can't wait to go for runs with me too! :laugh:
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also live in an area (Montana) where I'm at the mercy of the weather. Since I started my running C25K on the treadmill I don't have much to compare it to! I"m looking fwd to running outside, but nervous...I've heard outside is more difficult than the treadmill...??