Getting Started

Options
One of the hardest things for me has been to get started in doing, well, anything! So, I have come up with a few gamer style ideas that help motivate me.

Weight loss levels: I made a chart that starts at my current weight and moves up to my target goal. Every two pounds for me is a level "Make something that works for you". I remember playing games like World of Warcraft I really wanted to hit max level so I could play end game content with other players. For some reason I couldn't see it that way in real life until I put it on paper.

The concept is the same! You can't run raids until max level, you can't get the cool looking gear until you are at max level ect....

To apply this to real life is simple. Think of it this way, you want to go out with friends and do cool stuff like go hiking, running, swimming ect... You want to wear new clothes that actually look good on you. Whatever your reason, whatever your endgame you want to experience just put it down and apply it!

Making your own Missions, Quests, Dailies: Think of something you want to change about yourself, write it down and do it for twenty one days. This will make it a habit, so think of some good things you want to do. For me I put down brushing my teeth three times a day, eating every two hours, 40 push ups, 40 sit ups ect....

No matter how small the goal, it is one goal more than you had before you made it. All of the little successes you accomplish will help motivate you for the bigger goals and struggles you are about to face.

Good Luck, wish me luck!

Replies

• bellustoxicum
    bellustoxicum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of leveling up as you drop pounds. lol Wish I could program my scale to say that when I step on it, if I've lost weight. I do dailies as well. Right now I'm doing a march madness challenge of simple calisthenics and I count them as Dailies that I do aside from other exercise. Just like sitting down to a new game, if you quit when it gets hard, you'll never beat it ^_^