Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Backerbabe15
    Backerbabe15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Krystal was born in the Bronx and am currently back in the Bronx. Well really my apartment is half Bronx half Yonkers hoping I will not get kicked out because of that ;) I am 27 and I work for a major non profit. I am looking to lose about 90 pounds, make healthier food choices and become more active. I am also looking for some support in this journey. I have tried to go at it alone and I was unsuccessful. If I could find a buddy with similar goals or maybe someone who has "been there done that" to provide tips and motivation it is greatly appreciated.
  • meg516
    meg516 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My name is Meghan and I've lived in Queens for the past 2 1/2 years and work in Midtown. Before that, I was a Long Island girl! Almost a year ago I made a commitment to be healthier and exericse more. I've only lost 10 lbs since then because I fell of the wagon a little bit from November until April. But I didn't fall off completely! I've been back on track for a couple of weeks now and I'm ready to fight for my goals harder than ever! Always looking to connect with more NYC people!
  • nyc226
    nyc226 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, living and working in Midtown. looking for some MFP friends to keep me motivated! feel free to add
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Angelica, 25 and grew up in the Bronx :) Currently living in Mount Vernon.

I am a cheerleading coach and also run a cheer/sports wear store online.

I've always been super athletic in my mind and always knew what to do but just never had the drive to do it for myself. I have been through more downs than ups so I am hoping to overcome those hard times.

So far I am 30 lbs down since starting my journey. Can't wait to reach my goals and set new ones :)
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    My name is Ahmed, I'm 21.
    I'm usually between PA and NY lol.
    I'm here to get bigger and be more conditioned, also to track my progress and mainly caloric intake =/.
    I'm a college student that one day will become a physical therapist! aaaaaaand that is all !
  • georgia313
    georgia313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm Georgia. I've lived in Ridgewood since Sept 2012. I've been a member of MFP for sometime, but really just started working it hard. If you live nearby and looking for a workout buddy - I do have a membership to planet fitness at the Myrtle L Station and walk everyday to Bushwick for work.
  • georgia313
    georgia313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also on Facebook, and have ordered an UP - if you'd like to add me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you really shouldnt just let anyone on a website add you on facebook
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hola guys! I'm 23 and I live in Brooklyn. ADD ME if you need a friend :-)
  • WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm 32 and from NYC. In a few weeks I'm about to wrap up my first, true, cutting (shedding fat) program in which I have gone on to lose 24lbs as of this writing. With fall approximately a month and change away I'll be getting ready to start a new bulking/adding mass phase to my frame and I can't wait.

I owe a lot of my progress to My Fitness Pal and being able to accurately track the foods that I eat on a daily basis. If any of you have any questions, etc. feel free to message me.
  • camtor40
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a 43yr old single mom who wants and needs to get healthier. I am at the highest weight I have EVER been and it is causing me great physical and emotional pain. I would like to find positive support and maybe even a workout buddy to help me on my journey. I live in Brooklyn :) feel free to send me a message
  • _melindanicole_
    Options
    Hello all!!! My name is Melinda, 29, mother of a beautiful 4 yr old girl, born and raised in the Bronx. Add me!!!!
  • alittleteapot
    alittleteapot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Nicole, 31, mother of three gorgeous boys, and I live and work in Manhattan.

After a recent health scare, I have been trying to lose weight and get healthy. It's been going really well so far, but I am noticing I am losing motivation and the emotional eating is creeping its way back in. I am already down 41lbs from 205...33 of those lost after I joined MFP (I love MFP). I don't want to backtrack.

Feel free to add/message me.
  • FittingIntoFitness
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am Krystal 28 years old and live in the Bronx bordering Yonkers. I used MFP a few years ago and am getting back into the swing of things. As you would guess I am looking for some friends to help keep me motivated I'll return the favor.

I also use the fit bit tracker, if anyone uses that and would like a friend there you can find me on www.fitbit.com/user/2BRNH6

Hope everyone has a happy new year!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful people,

My name is Krissy, 30 years old, proud resident of Bed Stuy, formerly the lower east side.
    I love this program because I'm a little obsessive compulsive and it feels like a game to stay under calories. I also love getting the 'workout high' so I'm in the gym 6 days a week.
    I got married about 2 years ago and loved my bride body but I fell off and gained ten pounds so I've been getting back on track for the past 3 months.
    I am a student of alternative medicine, love body work especially reflexology. I think regular meditation makes it so much easier to stay healthy happy and motivated.
    I also love having a few cocktails and eating pizza, so I'm no saint, just aspiring to be the best version of myself :)
  • iRunNewYork
    iRunNewYork Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wassup Everybody:
    I'm Paul and I'm From Spanish Harlem
    I've Just Graduated From College (4 Years) and Working Full-Time At A Bulge-Bracket Bank
    Been On Here For About 3 Years - Lost Over 60 Pounds And Need About 30 More To Go!
    I'm Logging In All The Time - So If You Need Someone To Cheer You On In Your Journey - I Got You!

1Love
  • ashleygoesfit
    Options
    Hello everyone my names Ashley.
    I'm 21, from the bronx. starting weight was 271, CW is 265. I have been big all of my life, and was always looking for the right time and the motivation to get started on my weight loss. Until I realized, THERE IS NO RIGHT TIME!! So I got my a** up and did what I had to do. here I am 6 pounds less in 10 days :)
  • saycrunch
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cyrus, 25. I am new to this site so am open to meeting and interacting with individuals who strive toward a certain goal.

I am 5'10 140 and am quite satisfied with this weight(anything +/- 5 is alright with me). I started running around April last year and since then I have probably run 750 miles since then and keep a healthy lifestyle that includes walking at least 2 miles/day when I am not running.

I don't mind chatting and meeting with individuals who have or are looking to run from time-to -time and place-to-place. Any one looking to run, please add me and we can run from your neighborhood to mine and back and then do Central Park together! :D
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Elizabeth (or Liz, but not Lizzie or Beth, lol). I'm 27 and I was born and raised in Queens (currently in Howard Beach aka the boonies). I've always had weight issues--at least it has always felt that way. I remember being 10 lbs overweight at 14 and having my gym teacher shame me for those 10 lbs because she claimed I should have been 140 and not 170 even though the average for my height was 164. Anyway, I would kill to be 170 now. My short term goal is 200, but I would love to make it to that 164 or less eventually. Since starting I noticed that my biggest problem is what I eat, especially Sodium, which I really need to cut down on--i was about double the recommended amount yesterday.

Anyway, I'm currently unemployed (I was working for a little while as a temp for an accountant, but tax season is apparently slow for him--I don't think he's very successful). I have a MS in Criminal Justice, but what I really want to do is write. I'm doing CampNaNoWriMo in April, and if you know what that is, you're probably as big of a nerd as I am. :)
  • FlyEaglesGuyNY
    FlyEaglesGuyNY Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rob from Queens, currently living in Long Island and Working in NYC.

33 years old
    Married
    One Kid

Previously lost 35lbs using the mfp app. That was mainly with dieting and cardio. This time around I gained a little back but I'm not focusing on getting shredded!

I'm from New Yorkkkkkkkk!!!