Weekend warriors 7th-9th March

Options
cathy0536
cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
I'm back :smile: Have switched to maintenance and will revise my goal on the spreadsheet but generally feel much better for doing so. Still aiming to keep up with my exercise plans, stick to daily calories (albeit to what seems like a crazy high total number now) and to log everything.

This weekend:

Today - quiet one tonight after a busy week, looking forward to watching new Galaxy DVD with hubby and may have a glass of wine - did 55 minutes of Les Mills this morning and earnt/burned 500 cals :happy:

Tomorrow - 30 mins of Les Mills first thing. Glorious weather forecast (well compared to all the rain) and my mum visiting so we are planning to take the boys on a kiddiwalk - 3 mile circular walk that is reasonably flat. No plans for the evening.

Sunday - Friends visiting for sunday roast dinner so although it is a rest day from Les MIlls am planning a zumba session in the morning . Will be having a few glasses of wine with roast lamb and making a gluten free, dairy and egg free chocolate parfait for my intolerant friend. England are playing Wales at rugby in the afternoon so if weather is good may walk to the rugby club to watch it.

:flowerforyou: TY for bearing with me recently, feeling much better about everything now...

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it Cathy! Sounds like a good plan to me.

For me, this weekend means recovery from my business trip--seems the ability to endure hunger is tough in a hotel room. Also, I don't have access to loads of broccoli and protein shakes that keep me on track in a normal week. I managed a good run in the hotel gym yesterday but will be flying home today so no exercise (if only I could be an early riser/exerciser!!). My weigh-in Monday will be neutral at best, maybe even a gain. I'll go for a sprint in the remainder of March but will come up short for my total goal--which was a bit ambitious from the start. Sounds like I'll need one more challenge to get to goal weight. Maybe Shmu and I can sponsor one more.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    Maybe Shmu and I can sponsor one more.

I vote yes, even if I'm at maintenance by then, I'd like to continue on with a group to help keep me in focus. selfish reason is selfish lol.

Mule, I know the feeling of needing to make up for days of over-eating (though usually my make-up days fall within the week) but good luck!

Cathy, I'm glad to hear you are at a better place with your goals and that you are feeling good!

This past week I had stomach issues, a bit of nausea with a couple days of pains, but that seems to be all done with now. I was going to lay low until next week, but I'm too antsy so I went on a run for lunch today. To make up from not lifting on Tuesday, I am going to lift tonight and Sunday to keep with my twice a week schedule. My boyfriend is working this weekend so it should be easier for me to stay within my calorie limits since I won't be making him the usual weekend big breakfasts, but i could probably use the big breakfasts to make up for a couple low calorie days this week.

So my goals for the weekend (& I will keep with my points system)... drink at least 8 glasses of water saturday & sunday... make smart food choices... only have 2 alcoholic beverages tonight and tomorrow... log everything i eat & drink... try to stay within my WEEKLY calorie goal (not necessarily daily this weekend)... & to workout on Sunday! (12 possible points)

Have a great weekend and goodluck on acheiving your goals!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! To another group :D:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I have been losing these last 15 lbs for half a year. I want to eat too much :P
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for another challenge. My weight is still dropping just at a slower rate, so it is very unlikely that I will make my revised goal -- my original goal is possible if my body decides to be nice. I am putting in the time in gym so it could happen.

This weekend my biggest challenge is the dinner we are having at a friend's house. I don't know what it is being served, so it is hard to budget effectively and it will be too late to do much exercise after we get back home (especially with the time change where I know I will need to go to bed at a structured time if I hope to have a normal week). My current plan is to build myself a calorie bank and hope for the best. If I happen to go over, it won't be the end of the world as I will still be under overall for the week.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I need a Yankee Doodle Dandy challenge. I'm in the "normal" weight/BMI range and the weight is very slow coming off or not. You all keep me from giving up and going into maintenance.

So far, so good!!! I succumbed to half a bag of popcorn last night, but at least I was still within my calorie goal. I need to have a bigger deficit if I'm going to kiss these last lbs. goodbye. Meals were good today and my only snack was just a few minutes ago. I'll be putting on an audio book and snoring in a matter of minutes, maybe.

My plan for this week is to: (1) increase veggie consumption, (2) Increase water consumption, (3) cut down on snacking, (4) put "goal" swimsuit out where I can see it everyday, and (5) decrease Insulin levels so I don't have any low blood sugars that cause me to eat like I'm starving to death. :wink: I only need to lose 2 more lbs. for this challenge and then I'd like to drop 5-10 more.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I'm in. July 4th end date?
  • randomtai
    Options

I like the sound of that!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another challenge!
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    This weekend I didn't do too bad, but I also felt a bit more lax about my calories and goals. I didn't really want to be super strict since I was sick during the week and figured I could use some extra calories. I spent lots of time with the family (both mine and the boyfriend's) this weekend, which was very nice. I am happy that I have logged everything, though yesterday wasn't very accurate as I ate out for breakfast and had dinner at a relative's house so I couldn't weigh everything correctly.

Tallying up my points... drink at least 8 glasses of water saturday & sunday (fail) - 0 points... make smart food choices (I had some ice cream & homemade candy for snacks sat/sun) - 1 point... only have 2 alcoholic beverages tonight and tomorrow - 1 point... log everything i eat & drink - 3 points... try to stay within my WEEKLY calorie goal - 1 point... & to workout on Sunday (fail) - 0 points. My total is 6, I really need to try to drink lots of water on the weekend and make better food choices next weekend. Also, I'm going to avoid alcohol Mon-Thurs again this week, shouldn't be too hard.

How did the rest of you amount up to your goals?
  • mulecanter
    Options

I'm ok with that unless you think US Independence Day is too provocative for our UK members?
  • randomtai
    Options

I'm ok with that unless you think US Independence Day is too provocative for our UK members?

Hahahaha! We should change up the next challenge and make it UK vs. US :laugh: :laugh:
  • mulecanter
    Options

Hahahaha! We should change up the next challenge and make it UK vs. US :laugh: :laugh:

MFP Anglosphere Olympics
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :noway: UK v US! Don't think so... We're definitely outnumbered... :noway: :noway: :noway: Besides 4th July is a special day for me anyway as it'll be my youngest son's 7th birthday so v :bigsmile: to go with that date!

Last weekend Friday and Saturday as planned, Sunday hopeless but great fun.. was led astray and had lots of wine :drinker: :drinker: and didn't exercise. Paid for it with being poorly on Sunday night and Monday... but despite that and switching to maintenance still had a 1lb loss for the week.

Now off alcohol completely until weekend after next...