Handstands

Options
2»

Replies

• readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    Yogicarl, thanks for the advice! I was doing that sort of thing before, but not really focusing on balance and strength in that pose.
  • krisbox2014
    krisbox2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ANother option to gain some confidence in the middle of the room is to use a friend to hold your ankle. Start with a shorter 3-leg down dog and place raised leg ankle in hand of friend. Push up to hand stand using friend's assistance. Then, once in handstand, Friend can help pull up on legs so you can get full feeling of extension and taking curve out of lower back. And, to repeat what yogicarl said, have fun! Anything upside down is my favorite!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get a lot of noise in their head when they hold inversions for a challenging amount of time?
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    Noise? Any amount of time is a challenge for me at this point, but all the blood rushes to your head. Maybe thats what you mean by noise? Like a pressure feeling?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Noise? hmmm. I've had the blood rushing to my head when I first started holding headstand for some time. Do you feel the same way in more minor inversions? Wide angled forward bend (prasarita padottanasana) for instance? Which pose is it the worst in?
  • odonogc
    Options
    Noise? Any amount of time is a challenge for me at this point, but all the blood rushes to your head. Maybe thats what you mean by noise? Like a pressure feeling?

Yeah, I think that's what I mean. Thanks
  • odonogc
    Options
    Noise? hmmm. I've had the blood rushing to my head when I first started holding headstand for some time. Do you feel the same way in more minor inversions? Wide angled forward bend (prasarita padottanasana) for instance? Which pose is it the worst in?
    [/quote

I only felt it in backbend when I held it for a full minute. But I feel it in Handstand most quickly, followed by headstand and forearm balance.

I think it is the pressure...