atkin's microwaveable meals

Options
malou1985
malou1985 Posts: 138 Member
Anyone tried them? I bought a couple for 'quick meals'. Anyone else using them, have they been helpful?

Replies

• jessicamoye33
    jessicamoye33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat them. It's just so easy to pop one in the micro for lunch. If I make one for dinner, I'll make mashed cauliflower to go with it.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them to work for lunch. Tasty, satisfying, and excellent macros.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I keep them for Hubster (he's low carb by necessity) for back up meals. He loves them! I watch for coupons and usually get the best deal at Kroger (with peelies, pop up coupon dispenser and Kroger coupons). They are pricey.

I also try to cook double when I cook - and freeze in portions labelled with calories for me and net carbs for him. So he has homemade "atkin" meals too!

Also, check the Lean Cuisine website - there are a couple of those that are also low carb. I wouldn't read all the boxes in the grocery store to find them - that would be more time consuming than a web search. LOL. It's usually some turkey and veggie thing which he's not a fan of so I stick to Atkins ones.

Just keeping some meats cooked up plus some fresh salad is my fave way to keep low carb quick and easy! Or bags of steamers veggies plus meat from home.
  • malou1985
    Options
    So far im liking them. I need to try mashed cauliflower, ive heard other ppl say its tasty. I never thought about freezing my own, that'd make it convient too
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love them. My favorites are the chicken alfredo, turkey and gravy, and the chicken pot pie. I had a few times where the beef merlot one came not with full chunks of broccoli, but a dusting of the tops of the florets. Seems like because the broccoli is such a delicate veggie, sometimes it gets completely obliterated in the processing. Who knows? I just know that after it happening 3 times, I steer myself more towards others with creamy sauces that help keep things together.

Barbar Foods also sells raw and non-breaded stuffed chicken breast, filled with mushrooms, cordon bleu, or broccoli and cheese. They cook for 30 mins in the oven (or toaster oven), and make "cooking" a ton easier.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm so bummed! They don't sell them here in Nova Scotia, but I wish they did. sometimes you just don't have time to pack a lunch.
  • malou1985
    Options
    A COUPLE TIMES IT REALLY SAVED ME FROM STARVING! NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS MY DIETARY NEEDS, SO IT HAS REALLY HELPED IF I CAN JUST POP ONE IN THE MICROWAVE SO I AM NOT SITTING THERE WATCHING MY COWORKERS EAT WHILE I AM PICKING APART WHATEVER LUNCH MAY HAVE BEEN BROUGHT IT
  • malou1985
    Options
    VERY GLAD I FOUND THEM!!!