The reason why you take pictures

Options
Yesterday, I officially lost 100 pounds, and I wasn't happy about it. What?!! Yeah, for whatever reason, I was just blah about it.

Today, I got up early, did my hair & makeup, put on my starting dress and had a buddy snap a quick picture. When she showed it to me, I said WOW!!!! You can totally see a difference. Then when I lined today's pic with last year's pic, it was insanely obvious. No one in my real life has noticed, and I don't expect them to. I have soooooo much to lose. I'm still plenty over 300 pounds, lol. Anyway, just thought I'd share my mini goal with you all. It's possible, and I feel great!

7056aadc-b7de-4497-886e-2c65e56b092a.jpg

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    way to go, you look amazing
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can totally tell the difference, you are looking fantastic! Congratulations on 100lbs gone!
  • SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's totally obvious! You're beautiful! (you are in your before pic too)
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    you're face is glowing in that second pic. I can see a difference. I hope you are feeling different, too. good job! keep up the hard work.
  • Bibop10
    Bibop10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done, you do look great!...and you're right, a picture is worth a thousand words!
  • BrokenAlice
    BrokenAlice Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is far from a min-goal. This is a MAJOR goal! You look fantastic and I bet you feel fantastic too! Congratulations on your success!
  • granny624
    granny624 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! is right, you are beautiful congrats. Keep up the good work. You give hope and inspiration.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congrats I showed my hubby your pics and asked him how much it looked like you had lost and he said 100-125lbs trust me others can see it keep up the amazing work!!!!!:drinker:
  • jessicamoye33
    Options
    Thank you all for the kinds words!!! I do feel amazing, and I'm glad it's showing! I wanted to share these pictures because I know some of us shy away from the camera, and we need to embrace it as a weight loss tool. I never would have noticed such a vast difference if I didn't see it with my own two eyes.

Thanks again and keep taking those pictures!!
  • judymoving
    Options
    I loved reading your post. I know that no one notices weight loss. Unless you suddenly transform from being round to super skinny curvy. At this point in my weight loss, I just get smaller, but am still round. My curves will show up eventually, from what I see on many success posts, I need to get around 200 pounds for my curves to start showing up.

You did an amazing job and you shrunk almost a whole person! Bravo! Keep going, because I want you to see your curves too!
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gosh girl! YOu are just SOO BEAUTIFUL!! And yes, you make a GREAT point! so many of us larger girls don't want to take before pics but we miss out on the opportunity to TRUST ourselves that we are actually going to lose weight and make a difference!

Where you are now is no prediction for where you WILL be.

<3
  • ltooor
    ltooor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome!!!!
  • skinnyshala
    skinnyshala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • eastbayj23
    eastbayj23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great Job. I want to loose 100lbs this year. Your an inspiraton.
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, there is a huge difference in those pictures, fantastic job!
  • ryuluna
    ryuluna Posts: 3
    Options
    Go girl go! You look a-maz-ing! :)
  • N1shka
    N1shka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is no mini-goal, that is a tremendous achievement ! Great work, and congratulations!
  • dakrzone
    dakrzone Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. Congrats on the loss so far and the good thing is you know exactly what you need to do and I'm sure are still doing it to keep losing. The difference in those pictures is so much that I authorize you to produce both pictures to both people you know and random strangers on the street and make them take notice! :laugh:

I'm like most I guess and have shied away from taking pics but will do so especially after reading your post. The other day my wife told me my belly was changing but to me when I looked down I didn't see any difference. In the mirror however I noticed it was losing a bit of roundness below my belly button at which I was a bit mortified but then understood it was a part of the process.

Again congrats, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
  • waterlibby
    waterlibby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! 100 pounds is no little task! Keep doing what your doing!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My question would be...

Is everyone in your life walking around with a bag on their heads?

You look awesome and so different, how have they not noticed??