March Goals!

Options
Naybelline
Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
Firstly, I just want to say, well done to each and every one of you, you all did fantastic and thank you for sticking around! ;)
I always think Feb is the hardest month of the new year for people, me especially, cos you get through January and then you want to slack off, but a lot of people haven't, so that's super! So whose around for March? what goals do you have for this month?? any new ones? does anyone need any advise at all? I'm sure we all have a lot between us! :laugh: lol :flowerforyou:

Remember to stay strong and focused, you got this!! drink plenty of water and flavoured teas, better still green tea, I drink a salted caramel one by twinings with a spot of honey in it and it's absolutely lovely ! plenty of fruit, veg and proteins. have a great month :flowerforyou: :wink:

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm IN! This helps me quite a bit! Thanks! Would you have January's and February's Spreadsheet?. I should have saved..but never did. :-(
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to March too, the only thing Im really going to change is trying to up my daily steps per day to min 8000, Im usually a fairly inactive person so this is a good place for me to start, also I bought a weight set, this will be added to March a little at a time, nothing too crazy!

@ Fit4_Life if you look at the bottom of the speadsheet you will see the tabs for the previous months :flowerforyou:
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Oh, I'm IN! This helps me quite a bit! Thanks! Would you have January's and February's Spreadsheet?. I should have saved..but never did. :-(

I think someone has messed around with the spreadsheet again yesterday and I really wish they'd leave it alone as it makes a mess for the admins to try and fix it again. The spreadsheets are all there from the past couple of years chick? just need to look at the bottom https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApkxnzF0X6A1dGl1R194UldQMU5VZHJXZ1lKNnd5NkE#gid=31
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Looking forward to March too, the only thing Im really going to change is trying to up my daily steps per day to min 8000, Im usually a fairly inactive person so this is a good place for me to start, also I bought a weight set, this will be added to March a little at a time, nothing too crazy!

@ Fit4_Life if you look at the bottom of the speadsheet you will see the tabs for the previous months :flowerforyou:

Do you have a fitbit? I can't remember, I would advise getting one if not, it really does make you move around more to get the 10k steps a day. :flowerforyou: Weights are good, I always tell my friends to do more weights, the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn! x
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks.

As far as someone messing up the cells on the spreadsheet, are you able to "lock" the cells where the formula is not tampered with? Just curious...
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Ok thanks.

As far as someone messing up the cells on the spreadsheet, are you able to "lock" the cells where the formula is not tampered with? Just curious...

Unfortunately not (as far as I'm aware anyways), our members wouldn't be able to log their weight otherwise. it's a shame, last months got messed up too because someone tried starting a feb spreadsheet on their own and not waiting for us to do it lol. these things happen. jdim will do March's spreadsheet over this weekend he said.
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    March sheet is ready. Right now it is the second tab. Many of our members are Monday weighers, so I figured I'd wait til Monday to move the tab over to first place and finish February.

If you see mistakes, message me ASAP. I try to make backups periodically. Full-on copies of the sheet. Google also stores the changes (to some extent) and if the mess up isn't too far back, I can revert. It takes a few hours of my time to sort it all out, but no biggie.

The best thing y'all can do is to use a gmail account and log in to Google drive. That way I can see who changed what and then if someone who is NOT you changes your info, I can revert it or at least contact you and ask if you gave them permission.
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I met someone new. She's super supportive of our lifestyle. She's trying to get into it, too. She has really been great about reminding me to make good life choices. I did great this week. I hope to carry that momentum all month. She's taking me to NYC on the 21st. I told her I have to earn the right to party in NYC by being good. So that's my goal. Be really good until the 21st, have some fun, and finish March closer back to Onederland.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    I met someone new. She's super supportive of our lifestyle. She's trying to get into it, too. She has really been great about reminding me to make good life choices. I did great this week. I hope to carry that momentum all month. She's taking me to NYC on the 21st. I told her I have to earn the right to party in NYC by being good. So that's my goal. Be really good until the 21st, have some fun, and finish March closer back to Onederland.

Oh that's fantastic hun, so happy for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am back! I ran out of Give a Crap about a lot of things in February. I am over that. No excuses. Good luck to the rest of you! We can and will do this.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've almost decided that 137 is where my body is comfortable! Can't get back below that to save my life!

In March, I'm continuing to train for next month's BP MS 150 bike ride (150 miles in 2 days!) So my March goal is to get in 200 miles walking, running, and riding the bicycle.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My new goal is to EAT MORE SALADS! I got burned out on them a while back, but now I'm incorporating one a day- either lunch or dinner. This should help me stay within my calorie goal each week. I'm also setting a goal of exercising 5 times a week. This should be easier with cycling season just around the corner!

Good luck everyone!
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Hey guys!

My new goal is to EAT MORE SALADS! I got burned out on them a while back, but now I'm incorporating one a day- either lunch or dinner. This should help me stay within my calorie goal each week. I'm also setting a goal of exercising 5 times a week. This should be easier with cycling season just around the corner!

Good luck everyone!

I always roast a chicken for mine, it's yummy!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I have to readjust my goals that I had. I've been trying to get back down to the smallest size I was and so far it's seeming more than unachievable. I think maybe now that I'm older my hips have spread or something. So my goal for March once again will be to try and fit into my old pants but if it doesn't happen by April I don't care what size I am. lol I need to find a weight I can maintain forever and stick to that size. Don't wanna be dieting all my life.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you ^^
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Well this months goal is to get to goal weight, 12lbs to lose is the magic number, I'm gonna try my hardest to get there, this also means I'm no longer classed at "obese" and just over weight.
  • keeldrum
    keeldrum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Naybelline you're an inspiration.
    Without you I'd have fallen off the wagon SO many times this year.
    Thanks to you and the 'Goal a Month' group I've lost over half what I need to and am on the home straight to goal.
    I feel great and I'm beginning to feel more confident too.
    This month I need to persevere with my running and commit to it x3 every week.
    I've also found that carbs are not necessary with every meal so thats helping also.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Naybelline you're an inspiration.
    Without you I'd have fallen off the wagon SO many times this year.
    Thanks to you and the 'Goal a Month' group I've lost over half what I need to and am on the home straight to goal.
    I feel great and I'm beginning to feel more confident too.
    This month I need to persevere with my running and commit to it x3 every week.
    I've also found that carbs are not necessary with every meal so thats helping also.

Good luck everyone!!!

Awwwe thanks hun!! :flowerforyou:

You've done really well and I am proud of you and everyone else in this group. I always have said food is one of the toughest things to over come, I quit smoking easier, lol!!

Yes it's hard to retrain yourself to not have so many carbs and your body does get used to not having so many, it took me about a week. I'm really happy you're doing great! I'm also trying to do more running too this month. good luck :bigsmile:
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi guys my goal is 8lb this month iv had a hard few weeks with my depression and when im on a downer I just eat its hard to get out of but im not giving up im going to keep cracking on and trying the best I can.

Well done to everyone for feb and lets hope march is just as good.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am very excited about finding this and hope I can remain on top of it for logging purposes. It will help reinforce determination and success.

Best of luck to all!