For today, Mar 10th

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy,” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“For today: Acting with courtesy toward myself and others contributes much toward feeling good about myself, and enables me to share it with others.”

Although I understand that being courteous has nothing to do with being right or wrong, especially when it comes to an argument that I feel strongly about, I’m not sure if I can ever master it. But my goal for today, just for today is recognizing how I can be courteous to others. I work in a circle where people constantly try to one-up each other, and although I don’t engage in that behavior, I will go out of my way to spread some genuine courtesy in my work area!

Replies

• jellis2014
    Options
    I'm definitely nicer to others than I am to myself. I'm not sure why I don't think I deserve the same basic treatment I give to others. Although I know that I can be nice/more courteous to people in all situations regardless of how they are acting. It's hard for me to stay nice when the other person isn't.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I never thought to be courteous to myself, what a great idea! I think I will courteous to myself today by not putting crap in my mouth!
  • purplybob
    purplybob Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I never thought to be courteous to myself, what a great idea! I think I will courteous to myself today by not putting crap in my mouth!

Me either! Good stuff!
  • blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I don't think I deserve the same basic treatment I give to others.

I think I know what you mean with this statement. I'm in the process of exploring for myself why I don't think I am deserving of good things, too.
  • purplybob
    purplybob Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I don't think I deserve the same basic treatment I give to others.

I think I know what you mean with this statement. I'm in the process of exploring for myself why I don't think I am deserving of good things, too.

Recovery is a journey of learning to love ourselves and take care of ourselves.