3-10-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
daily thread

I tackled W4D1 today. Those 5 minute stretches were tough, but I got through them some how. I did it so I know I can do it Wednesday and Friday too! Have a great Monday!

Replies

• RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's pretty much where I am (W4D2). I may have to redo this week over before starting on week 5. Great job!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    we cheated, didn't move on to week 4, could face 5 minutes.
    So this week we are doing 3 and 4 minutes running with slightly longer walk sections, than week 4
    But was easier that i expected. scary to think that the long runs are now the short runs.
    Definalty think we could have done 5 really but running with friends and majority decison stays.
    Cant complain they held back for me before. we don't move on unitl we all are ready.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Survived week 6 day 3....not gasping as much, lol, couldn't believe I got thru 22 minutes of running (am sure it wasn't pretty, it wasn't fast, feet barely moved, lol) ..but I did it.
  • mel521
    Options
    I thought about repeating week 4 too, but day 1 of week 5 doesn't look too bad. Day 2 is 8 minute stretches of running and day 3 jumps to 20!!! I think I'll jump into week 5 and repeat it as needed to get to where I need to be. Airangel, it doesn't matter how slow you go or how you look, it matters that you're doing it! I can't remember, did you repeat any workouts?
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    @mel Early on I did week 1 a few times for "kicks". I had started out doing intervals with a Gymboss timer and missed it, lol. (was doing 1 min run/4 min walk then dropped to 15 sec run/45 sec walk). I did post a comment about that jumping on week 5, like what the heck?? LOL

I would be perfectly happy for the program to be longer week wise and not have those major jumps in running time.

But no, so far have not repeated a day. I had a break due to metatarsalgia on my right foot and believe I was doing week 2 or 3. I just picked up where I left off. Week 5 was a killer and week 6 was a challenge, I'm fearing week 7 and on, and thinking I WILL have to repeat
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Great job, everyone!!
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2 completed and felt AWESOME! I was really surprised, but taking a full rest day seems to be helping. Also, I've only been "on the couch" for a few months. Back in June-October '13, I was run/walking a lot - so that makes a difference I'm sure.

In the past I've ended up with minor injuries from doing too much too soon (mostly IT Band pain while running downhill) - not from long running sessions, but long hike/jogging sessions - like many hours at a time. Anyway, I'm trying to stay away from overuse injuries this time by taking it slow building up to my big goal of doing more trail running this summer. I sometimes need to do back-to-back days of the program due to my schedule, but want to make sure to get in at least 2-3 rest days/week.

Greta - great to see you back! AirAngel - glad to have someone forging ahead for us to give us a little insight into what's to come. Sounds good so far. April - sounds like a very good plan to take it slow and not rush too far. Works to build confidence and keep injuries at bay. By the way, should one of us go find Tracy (she started the thread right?). I know if I dropped out of sight I'd want you all to come drag me back in :-)
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    YAY! Finished Week 4 completely, although I struggled a little today after killing it on Sunday. I'm finding my mind getting obsessed with the pace and speed, as reported in my ear by Runkeeper. I swore I wouldn't do that this time, and just get engrossed in the music. There's probably a way to turn off Runkeeper notifications, which I should do.

Rudy the giant German Shepherd still seems to be enjoying himself on his runs. He hears the little app chime when to start running, and off he trots.
  • ellemuise
    ellemuise Posts: 34
    Options
    Finished week4 day1 today! Wasn't too bad though I was feeling stressed before hand and when I'm stressed I run faster. So started out running a bit too fast and had some mild leg pain by end of the program. But beside that not so bad!
  • mel521
    Options
    Airangel, I agree! I wouldn't mind a few more weeks of the program to not jump up to 20 minutes so quickly.

Kim, I sent Tracy a message. She had been sick and unable to run according to her earlier posts. I want you all to find me if I disappear!