Having a tough day...

Options
ebrady913
ebrady913 Posts: 12 Member
I don't know what it about Mondays... I'm always struggling after the weekend to stay on track with healthy eating! I have decided that lactation cookies are bad. I try to do workouts but LO always wake up in the middle so I end up doing half or less. I swear he senses me trying to workout and decides he has to be held or he spits out his binky and wants it back every minute...

I tell myself I need to eat healthier and watch calories but my brain doesn't care and my stomach says I need to eat...

In other news, I found a Stroller Strides group near me that I'm going to try when the timing works out! (This week we have a play date, story time, and MIL is coming so I'm cleaning the house with my free time!)

Replies

• cmann1988
    cmann1988 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm with ya. I've decided to wait on two things til DH is home: shower & workout. I consider these my "me" time activities and its not worth doing if I can't do it 100%. Plus (especially with working out) I'll get frustrated and just say To hell with it and not start back up. Its hard though. But the best you can do is the best you can do, ya know? Tomorrow is always a fresh start. GL mama!
  • jtmt21
    jtmt21 Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree about lactation cookies. So tasty but not good for us. I decided to try the mothers milk tincture if I have supply problems instead. As for food, I find that it gets easier after a few days of eating well. After a few days I don't have irresistible cravings. I am finally there. Put the lactation cookies in the freezer!
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough last couple days! My body is exhausted. So is my brain. I've been slacking, and tonight LO wasn't feeling too hot, so I stayed home and skipped the gym. Hubby took care of her for a little and I got in a much needed nap after dinner. I'm getting back at it tomorrow.. I'm trying to tell myself I shouldn't feel guilty bc a couple days of slacking isn't going to knock me down ten pegs, I have been doing really well. But I still feel guilty lol.

I also blame my crappy eating on the fact that Aunt Flo decided to say hello again for the first time in almost a year. Damn hormones, I hate you.

Tomorrow is a new day ladies! We can do it :)
  • dani_ban
    dani_ban Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It is hard and you aren't alone. Try to give yourself some slack because it takes time to get used to lower calories and eventually your stomach won't need more food. It's hard though.

I cheated yesterday and had pizza and a orange soda.

Today is a new day.

It is beyond hard finding time to workout. No way am I waking up at 5am to workout and at night (forget it), so lunch time it is for me. Today DH wanted to go for a walk at lunch, but there is literally no other time to do 30DS so he went for a walk and I shredded.

Once you get going with a routine, it will get easier.

Don't beat yourself up.
  • ebrady913
    ebrady913 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So unfortunately the cookies were in the freezer and now they're gone... :/

BUT I had lost my wallet (which made the day that much worse) and this morning- someone had put it in our mailbox! With everything still in it! Too bad we found it after canceling all the credit cards and going to the DMV for a new license but at least a nice person returned it and we don't have to worry about anyone using the cards!

Then my old director came over with her LO who is 3 days older than mine and we had a wonderful lunch playdate! She is doing weight watchers so she brought the most delicious lunch and because we were at the DMV this morning, I didn't snack like I do when I have nothing better to do...

And finally, it was such a BEAUTIFUL day (even in NH!) that we went for a family walk!

I have been feeling trapped inside the last few weeks since I try not to go TOO many places with LO since it's been cold and being in close quarters is just asking for LO or me to catch something... But I think that's been making it harder to work out so getting out for a walk and seeing how much LO loves his BOB stroller makes me want to try out the Stroller Strides even more!

So today was a MUCH better day! (And I still have almost 1000 calories AFTER dinner... That makes up for yesterday!)